Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

A full day of baking and cooking!

I had the entire day on Tuesday to bake and cook. It was a cold, rainy day, so why not spend the day in the kitchen!
I started my day making fried rice. I chopped up the carrots, onion and garlic. Added all those to the wok, then added in the garlic and ginger with a little pepper. The frozen peas and corn with the egg are added last along with the rice and soy sauce. 

 My fried rice makes a delicious breakfast! 
I made ravioli yesterday and it turned out just okay. I should have added more garlic powder to the ricotta cheese. They tasted a bit bland with the home made red tomato sauce. They both could have been kicked up a notch! I made everyone a garden salad too along with my French bread. 
I always try and rush the last rise of the bread baking process. This time I let it fully rise the whole hour as suggested. Steve said it was my best French bread yet! I have to agree! We have one left over which will make good French toast or just toast! 
 I tippled my pasta recipe to make the ravioli. It also took a full  2-16oz containers of ricotta cheese. I used my melon scoop to put the exact amount of cheese in each ravioli. My grandmother would make tables full of pasta when I was little. She would spend all day in the kitchen making them by hand. 

It's a good thing my kitchen aid mixer has pasta making attachments. 

Fresh pasta cooks so fast. It was about 3 to 4 minutes and they were done! 

I didn't cook all the pasta. I put the left over pasta in the freezer on parchment paper to cook up later on for lunches. We still have plenty of left over red sauce. 

I wasn't done baking. I made more of my crackers, but this time I used the pasta attachments on my mixer to roll out the dough. It was so much quicker making the crackers and they were all the same thickness which helps a ton in baking, since they all cook at the same rate, or mostly they do. I had some still burn on the edge of the baking tray. My cracker making is still a work in progress. I did find out that we all like olive oil on top to keep the toppings sticking during baking. Also, garlic powder and salt is a must on all! I still like rosemary but we are getting low on that too. I've been picking the rosemary off our plant and it's looking kind of bare. I don't want to take it all or we won't have any left! 
I have another non-working day! It's at least not going to rain! The temps are going to get back up in the the low 60's. This means we can go outside and enjoy some of the day. I don't have any big plans for my Wednesday. I'm making chicken lettuce wraps with Szechuan green beans for dinner. That doesn't take all day, just an hour. We also have Wednesday night Survior to watch on TV. My one night a week I look forward to watching TV. I should go for a run or bike. Probably will walk the dog and then figure out what to do with the rest of my day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment