Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter is here and so are we

It's Easter and here we are. No candy this year. We didn't even dye eggs because we have so few and no one likes hard boiled eggs. We right in the middle of getting potential snow, and lots of it till Monday. So far, we have at least an inch of snow covering the ground. Its still melting off the driveway and roads so those are clear. We will probably have to shovel Monday. At least next weekend we are back up to the 60's.

This was Easter 2018. I must not have taken any photos last year at Easter. Evan and the Easter basket I bought him. This year, in Feb when all the Easter stuff was put out right after V-day, I grabbed all the Easter stuff, plates, napkins, baskets, plastic eggs and jelly beans. I didn't get any other candy and we long ago ate all the jelly beans.  No chocolate for us or anything else this Easter. Just feels like one more day, Day 2 of 24 more in quarantine. But who is counting? Me!



We do have a key lime pie for dessert tonight and Steve is making a whole turkey instead of a ham for Easter. We do have a ham but will save it for later this week. The kids are also making three more loaves of bread using my sour dough starter again. It was a tasty combo for the bread. We will have stuffing, potatoes with our turkey tonight. 

Saturday, I felt productive. We helped Celina's boyfriend Don, move his stuff into our house. He didn't have much so it took the 4 of us and hour total. After we helped Kendra move containers to her storage garage and that took up the rest of the afternoon. We also stopped at Steve's parents house to pick up the pie his mom made for us and two pans of rice crispy bars. She also gave us the rest of the sparkling waters for the kids and some frozen chicken wings to cook up and a can of black olives which we used on the pizza's we made last night. Steve and I also had a bonfire, just the two of us since it was so nice out. It was an early before dinner fire and then I had to go in side to cook the pizza crust and make pizza. 

We all played cribbage last night as we've been doing pretty much every night. I was pretty tired after the full day. We've been going to bed at 9pm and I now sleep in till at least 7 or 8am. No need to get up super early and as long as I can sleep I will. Half the night I end up tossing and turning so the extra morning sleep is needed. 


We just have cooking dinner on the schedule for today. Maybe shoveling snow at some point and staying indoors. I do want to make more crackers so that's on my own todo list. 

I did write up my next week, what we have going on. Its not much. One day of work on Thursday and  that's about it. Other then calling to follow up on getting a loan and checking in to see if anything has changed on unemployment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment