Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, April 13, 2020

6 inches of snow on Easter!

Wow did we get a lot of snow on Easter! Thankfully, it mostly melted off the driveway and roads. I only had to shovel our deck and push the snow off the cars. It was a heavy wet snow. 
Our Easter dinner almost didn't happen. The circuit blew and the roaster pan with the turkey wasn't on for a few hours, until we noticed it wasn't cooking. Instead of dinner being around 5:30/6pm it was more like 7:30/8pm. Steve turned up the temp to cook the turkey faster. Our neighbors that own a restaurant asked if they could drop off food for us. They came to the rescue! They brought ham, salad, a whole chicken and 6 rolls. So nice of them to do this for us. It was a very nice Easter surprise! 

We did end up eating around 7pm and it was really good. Steve used our homemade bread to make the stuffing this year. Makes all the difference! I cooked some wild rice and he added carrots/celery and crasins into the stuffing. Best recipe ever! I made gravy and we had a really good meal!

I made more of my homemade butter crackers! I forgot the table spoon of  sugar, but they still turned out good, just a bit more salty. 

I also need to start making them on the parchment paper, instead of transferring one by one. 


Butter Crackers
4 tablespoons butter
1-1/4 cups flour
1Tbsp Kosher Sea Salt
1 tbsp Sugar
1/3 cup water
Blend all dry ingredients in a food processor, add in water slowly to make a ball. Roll out thin, cut  and cut, top with sea salt and rosemary. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes till golden. 

After dinner we play our nightly cribbage game. Usually everyone plays. If that's the case we use two  boards since there is 5 of us. It goes quicker and everyone can play. 
It's always hard to not drink and play cribbage. Last night we had champagne instead of beer. Got to use up what we have around the house. 



Our Saturday night bonfire before the big snow storm. It's always really nice in the 60's the day before and then the next day, we get slammed with snow or cold weather. The sun is out, so I'm sure all the snow will be melted pretty quickly. By Friday, the prediction is that we will be back into the 60's! 

It's Monday. My weight in day. Lost 1 pound last week. I ate all that turkey last night so I'm sure that didn't help my weight loss. I did go down a little on my hip measurement. So that's a plus!
I only ran 2 miles last week, helped move some heavy boxes and shoveled snow and went on a few dog walks for the week and worked 6 hours for my exercise. 

I called the bank again today to find out if there is still money for the payment protection loans for small businesses. Yes, there is still money and my bank answered right away, the person directing the Loan advisors called back right away. I got the applications emailed out right away and now we have to wait for a call back and then in 1 to 3 days the money will be in our hands. Will it be that simple? Not sure as part of the form I wasn't sure how to fill out. I'm sure they will help with this process. Fingers crossed we will get the loan and some money soon! I'm also checking today to see if the Feds made any updates on unemployment for us self employed people. Seems the states are waiting for the rules to give out money. We sure could use some! It would help me sleep at night. 

This week bills are starting to come due on Wednesday. Next week we have more and so on...I usually want to pay the bills right away, but I'm holding out for the loan money. I will have to pay one bill this week. At least it's not much money since our big bills are on hold for three months, Truck loan, and mortgage. That takes out a huge chunk we pay. It will all be due in three months so we need to have money coming in to pay. 




No comments:

Post a Comment