Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, May 31, 2019

Thursday Happy hour and some miss-haps!

We had one of those beautiful weather days on Thursday. What better way to spend the early evening then to go for Happy Hour on the Patio at Union 32, one of our favorite places. We had some drinks and shared the pork taco's then played cribbage. Neighbor friends joined us after our game of cribbage for dinner and a few more drinks. A good night to be outside! 

I'm still on my diet. Staying around 1500 calories for the day because I've been eating lunch and a snack of popcorn along with dinner. I still try and eat healthy low cal foods. My lunch I finished up the rest of the pea pesto. The pesto is pretty simple to make. Fresh organic peas (uncooked), light olive oil, garlic, fresh basil and some Parmesan cheese, just blend it all up. You can also top with a little fresh mint which really brings out the flavors. Super delicious and easy to make. 
I also cook up a few sweet potatoes in the oven and then just refrigerate them to eat each day. I usually cook three at a time. This way I have a lunch already pre-cooked because it takes about an hour in the oven if I didn't' make them ahead of time.  I never have to think about what to eat if I am hungry. I stock up on the Chica boom, popcorn, 45 calories per cup and it's a good fiber fill up low cal choice if I'm still wanting to eat something before or after dinner. 

Dinner is the only meal of the day where it's up in the air what I eat. I try to make good choices or just share foods if we go out so I'm eating less of it. I also try to limit drinks. Little changes to my diet and the results are weight loss, little by little! Even if I'm not losing weight due to eating out, I'm at least able to maintain. 
It's Evan's preschool graduation tonight. I made him the cake he requested. Strawberry cake, with strawberry jam filling, topped with butter cream strawberry frosting and a chocolate ganash dripped on top. Covered with some fresh strawberries and some more butter cream frosting. I hope it tastes good. I had some left over cake from what I cut off to level the cake and it was moist! I finally perfected the dripped edge on the side of the cake. This is probably the best looking drip cake I've made and most level ever! My cake skills are improving little by little with all the cooking shows I've been watching. Evan also wanted an Avenger cake. He picked out Ant man to be on his cake. I also used white chocolate and wrote out Evan Congrats, Grad and placed that on top of the cake. 
The new office color. So happy we no longer have a red office! We also switched out our kitchen can lights. They were 20 years old and looking a little yellow.. not white any more. Steve found some led light cans that weren't so deep and recessed into the socket. It makes the kitchen so much brighter. I love it! I picked up my new above our stairs light and can't wait to get that up. I'm hoping it goes up this weekend. Cross my fingers Steve wants to install it. Next is to replace the kitchen sink! I'm sooo tired of our black sink and facet. We need an update and a better sink!

Here's the miss-hap. I went for a bike ride and over a mile from home, I got a flat tire on my bike. I had to walk my bike home. There is nothing worse then having to walk a bike. It took forever! I still didn't get my tire fixed so I'll have to use Steve's bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment