Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, May 23, 2019

A Night Out for our 20th Anniversary.


Here we are 20 years later on our Anniversary, May 22nd 2019! Did we change much? 
 We had dinner reservations in Minneapolis at the Capital Grill. We let them know a head of time it was our Anniversary and they were really good about making us feel special. Look at the beautiful dessert plate with happy anniversary stenciled in chocolate. Love that idea! 
Before dinner we stopped at Rock Bottom Brewery and had some happy hour drinks. 
I should have brought the cribbage board but we weren't sure if there was enough time to play a game. Turns out, we did have time but no cribbage board. They do make their own beers. I tried a raspberry/cranberry sour that was pretty tasty and $2 off per glass. 

I went shopping Wednesday afternoon and found this cute spring dress on clearance at TJ Maxx for $29. I could not pass it up. Size 4 and it fits! I did need help zipping it up! 
I bought the white sweater too and that was not on clearance but it was still around $20/$25? I realized Steve probably needed new black pants since he doesn't wear dress pants often and lost more weight and I think the last pair he bought was pleated. Outdated and needed new tapered legs and no pleats in the front or cuffed pant legs! lol.. I really miss having to dress up for work every day. I hardly ever dress up now. Not sure when I'll ever wear this dress again but it was nice to have an occasion to get dressed up and go out on the town. 
Dinner was excellent. We both got a salad but different, and we shared the potatoes and mushrooms since it's all A la Cart. We both also got the beef tenderloin 10oz. Far too much food and I was stuffed. I am sure it was the most food I've had to eat in months! Next year, if we go back we need to share a meal. Far too much meat for one person! Plus, its not a cheap place but lucky for us, Steve had a birthday gift card that we used and of course went over that amount on the meal. 


We definitely liked the food and thought it was a great place for a special occasion. I said we need to do this every year. Not sure why it took us 20 years to figure out we need a night out at a good restaurant to celebrate just us. You just can't do that on a birthday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment