Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, June 17, 2019

Father's Day Weekend in Brainerd MN

Happy Father's Day to Steve, Wayne and my dad. 
I never did get a photo of our kids with Steve, but at least I remembered to get one of Steve and his dad at the winery picnic for Father's day. 
We started the weekend off in Brainerd Friday. Took the long way there since we left Friday at noon and our neighbor friends weren't going to be up at their cabin till after dinner. 
Friday was the best day in Brainerd. I'm glad we got to enjoy a little time outside. We decided to eat at Earnie's on Gull Lake, just a short boat ride or drive to our friends cabin. We got drinks and waited for our patio table lake side. 

 We were lucky to miss the storms that we could see off in the distance. All the rain missed us! 


 We shared some wings and split a burger. I tried to stay on my diet as much as possible. 
Saturday we woke to a lot cooler temperatures. I went for a short 2 mile run by the cabin's past the gull dam and around the resort at the end of the road and back to the cabin. 
A cooling off photo after my run on the deck. I didn't stop to take any photos while running. I just wanted to keep going. It was a hilly two miles! I didn't want to risk stopping and not keep running up those hills! 
 Just hanging out on the deck for a little while.
 I at least got to put my toes into the stand and dipped just my toes into the water. It was chilly!! 
What a nice view. Even thought it was too chilly to do any water stuff. We still went for a boat ride to a few resorts around the other side of the bay. 

We had some dinner and drinks while checking out two other resorts and went into the hot tub to warm up. Steve and Jon took a funny photo years ago so we had to re-create it on Saturday. 

Lunch was not the healthiest. Steve and I didn't split food. I got the turkey sandwich with out mayo, but I did eat all my fries. 
 
We stopped at two breweries in Brainerd/ Nisswa. I'm starting to like a few of the beers. I mostly just liked the beers that tasted more like coffee. 
 We played a game of Chinese checkers after seeing some other people playing a similar game at the last brewery. 

It made for a fun day since it was a cold, chilly day at the lake. 
One of the resorts had horse wagon rides. We probably could have gotten a ride but we were off to the next place to visit. 

A super fun weekend! We have another cabin weekend this Friday and hopefully the weather will be better for some water fun. It does look like more rain and only in the 70's. 
Our new tent was delivered Friday so I was all excited to set it up. It's 20 x 18 feet, HUGE! It's a three room tent with the 3rd room being a screen porch. I think our other 12 x 12 pop up screen porch will work to attach to the front of this tent making it even better! 

Steve got the fire going after my many tries. Gasoline helps! I set up the air mattress to see if they still would hold air all night. One down, one good to go! This is why I decided to purchase a cot. My back was killing me all night on the air mattress. I think tonight if I sleep outside, I'm going to try the cot. It was a bit chilly but it felt good sleeping outside under all the covers and listening to the many frogs. 


Since it has three rooms and is angled, if it's just the two of us, we'll probably just sleep in the middle of the tent when camping so we don't have to be near the sides of the tent. Plenty of room for us to do that! I'll have to take an inside photo. I need a small picnic table we can set up inside too and get one more outdoor rug to put down on the floor of the tent. 
 It was a perfect night to sit out and burn up some of those tree branches. I trimmed our rose bush and we had lots of dead, thorn covered branches in the fire pit that needed to be burned. We still have a pile of branches!
Once again, back at Monday but it's a short work week since we have cabin plans again. We have to purchase a new microwave. Our only one year old microwave's power is out. Hopefully, we can find one we like and get that installed today! Its so hard not having a microwave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment