Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Summer, what's not to like!

I ate my lunch outside yesterday and as soon as I sat down, tiny black bugs were flying all around my face. It's not the ones that bite you but want to fly in your mouth and up your nose. Not very pleasant. I think it's time to get the tent with screen up on our deck. It won't be much fun eating outside with all these bugs! It's the only thing I don't like about summer! 

I didn't get to bike yesterday afternoon. I stayed home in case Steve needed any help with the kitchen sink install. It was not a easy and we questioned why we decided to go with a larger sink. It didn't fit the hole we had for our last sink. Steve had to grind away at the edge of the sink to make more room for the sink to fit. It created tons of dust every where. That's the problem with home projects, before it looks better, you have to make a huge mess! I just don't like the mess part. Even though the hole to fit the sink was made larger, the sink fanned out and still didn't fit, so he had to cut away at the sides of the cabinet. More work and then the sink hook ups were not in the same spot. A trip to Home Depot for parts and then no plumber glue. Ugh! Still don't have a working sink but at least its in the spot and I can kind of clean up the dust around it. 
Another issue, we noticed it only had one hole, for the facet. Not the soap dispenser. Ugh!!!! NOOOOOOOO. So we are not going to have a soap dispenser. Oh well, do they ever work anyway? I know our last one broke right away and we just never fixed it.  I do like the new look. I just hope the stainless sink doesn't show every finger print and markings. I hate that on refrigerators. I would have liked to change out our counter top but that was not something Steve was willing to do at this time. Future, yes!!
I work for a few hours this morning and have a bike ride to the bank on my todo list this afternoon. It's going to be 85*F, so I think I need to go to the pool! My daughter has a community pool and we have the fab key to share the pool. I didn't go at all last year but that sounds like a good pit stop on my half way home from biking to the bank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment