Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Sleeping in the great outdoors!

I love sleeping outdoors in a tent. It might be cold some nights, but it just feels great being outdoors, listening to all the bugs, frogs and animals at night. I've been testing out our new tent with the air mattress and cot. Here's what I discovered... 

I'm loving the new huge tent with three big rooms. I set up two air mattresses and our air couch. So far only one mattress held up. 
Last night, I slept outside with Zoey in the new tent. I tried out the cot. Two days ago I slept with Steve on the air mattress. I didn't love sleeping on the air mattress, it was hard on my back and I never felt comfortable. It can be cold laying on air even with sleeping bags under you. 

The cot was comfortable because it had a 2" pad, I also put two thin sleeping bags under me and used an old comforter for my blanket. We do have other warmer sleeping bags but I didn't want to use those for back yard camping/sleeping. I had my three LED lantern lights and I was set with my little folding table next to me. I like having something to put my phone on and water bottles. If it rains, I don't have to worry about them getting wet or me stepping on my stuff by having it on the floor. Feels more like glamping then camping! 

I would stay after sleeping on both the cot and air mattress they both have pro's and con's. The only con on the cot, is the size. It would be nice to have at least a double bed cot option. That would be heavy and large so maybe not for car camping trips. I did have the air couch next to me for extra room for Zoey since the cot isn't big enough for the dog and me. I am sold on the cot. We'll probably always take both the air mattress for Steve and Zoey, with the cot for me. Best of both beds when camping! I'm just not going to buy any more air mattresses as they only last one summer and then they deflate. At the cost to replace every year which is around $60 - $70. The cot which lasts forever is only $74 for the deluxe bed. 
She was happy to have her own bed. 
I had a different kind of Tuesday. I went to the U of M, so Logan could earn $120 for two hours of his time. He participated in a brain study 17 months ago and this was the follow up. He had to do school volunteer time the first time he did this study and also got paid $120 for that time too. I waited outside while he had an MRI and then played a few brain games on an Ipad. 
It was a nice day to sit out in the sun. After the study, I had to go to work and then again later last night back to work for me. It wasn't bad splitting up my work day! 

It's a quiet part of the U of M campus so not a lot of people around. 
I have a full list of todo items after work this morning.It will be getting a car estimate to get the bumper fixed for the insurance claim. Biking/running, making dinner, and then maybe painting one of my many projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment