Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Three.. and please no more!

I do believe that sometimes things happen in three's. At least I hope we are done! We've had our share of oops moments and it's getting costly! 
First my car was hit and the driver, drove off. 
Celina got rear-ended at a stop light. Little damage to hear bumper and no injuries. 
Steve pulled into a parking space and scraped a car last night. The driver wasn't there so he left the insurance information. We've never been the one causing the accident so not sure how this is all going to work. We will probably owe our deductible of $500 or is it $250? I'm not sure? 

We also have a work damage insurance claim to deal with from a year or more ago. We might owe a deductible on that one too, which is another $500! Wow, just wow. I suppose it could be worse if there wasn't insurance. I suppose we've also been lucky not to have ever used it. Right now, I feel like we have enough on our plate and don't need any more Oops occasions! Please No more!!
It's a good thing I do an hour of yoga each morning. I go over my daily todo list and plan my day and week out during my leg stretching time. I truly love this part of my day. I just need to do this in the middle of the afternoon when I'm feeling stressed and hungry to re-focus.
I might be eating around 1400 calories each day but they are for the most part, healthy food choices. I'm loving my lunches. Yep back to eating a late afternoon lunch of roasted peppers and a sweet potato. I cook three potatoes in the oven and just warm them up at lunch time. The peppers cook up fast in a pan on the stove and super low in calorie and delicious. They aren't cheap at $3.99 per bag and I eat the whole bag per meal. I probably could eat two bags but with my potato I'm good. I love my lunches. Dinner is what ever but I try to eat healthy. It's just the popcorn or PB pretzels, humas or nuts for snacking where I rack up the calories. 
My 2nd batch of the week, Macaroon cookies. Just almond without color. I did add colorful sprinkles to the almond filling. I still need to work on mixing them a bit more. I need to try other flavors. My lemon with lemon curd were delicious! 
Yesterday afternoon, I took Evan to his cooking class at Hyvee. He was tired after. I was going to bring him to the park but he kept falling asleep. So I sat in the car and he napped. Thankfully, it was a cool day and I opened all the windows so it felt nice in the car. 
While at Hyvee, I took a look at their counter full of treats. I need to try making this tiramisu cake. I'm not crazy about the quality of their baked goods. This is why I need to make my own. 
Have you ever responded to an on-line comment, only to get grammar shamed? I'm sure you could easily pick out my grammar mistakes in my blog. I used "then" instead of "than". I was comparing two things, which you should use "than". "Then" refers to time. Honest mistake, but I did learn something because I took the time to look up my grammar mistake and now realize my mistake. Was it all that bad to be shamed? Probably not, because I can only improve and I'm always open to improvements. I just don't think shaming is the way to go. Can't we do it in a positive way instead? No one is perfect and I'm far from it, in my writing. Should that stop me from writing for fear of everyone noticing my poor grammar mistakes? Shame me all you want. I'll just use it to improve. Thank you very much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment