Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, September 5, 2016

Last of the three day weekend. Labor day!

The long weekend is coming to an end. I have yet to do any power cleaning our house for the kids back to school. I had planned to do this on Saturday but well, we went for a late bike ride at Ft Snelling park 10.4 miles with Celina. Of course my bike chain had to come off when I was going up the monster big hill. Walking up that hill again was just was not fun! 
We rode past the Minnehaha waterfall. It was gushing!
There were people and cars EVERY where. We will go back and ride this during the week when it's less crowded and the fall colors make this route even more pretty. 
We did a lot of stopping and slow biking. Celina isn't use to our keep it moving pace so we had to take it easy. I have to rememeber its more about us all biking together then getting in a good hard workout. 
I just took advantage of biking fast to get ahead of them, stopping and taking a few photos. This worked to keep me from going crazy with people passing us by. 

It was hashbrowns and blueberry pancakes for breakfast on Saturday morning. Once again not dieting kind of food. 


It was pretty nice out after our biking. Steve decided he wanted to go sit by the river and enjoy a drink. We headed to Hastings to sit along the Mississippi river at the VFW. They have the best deck and the food isn't that bad. Plus, the beer and wine is a good price. 


Got home and I noticed Zoey had a dark line across the roof of her mouth. I tried to feel her mouth and determined it was wood from a branch that was stuck. I was hoping we'd be able to get it out of her mouth but it was jammed in there really good. 
The last two times I avoided taking Zoey to the after hours (Expensive vet visit). The bee sting we were able to take care ourselves and she was fine. The toad or foam of the mouth she was fine after rinsing out her mouth. This was entirely different. Since Monday is a holiday, I had zero choice but to take her in. I'm sure she had this stick stuck in her mouth for a few days because that's why her mouth smelled like death. The vet was pretty nice and tried taking it out with out the big vet charge of $119. No such luck. He again tried with a tweezers but she was too wiggly and that stick was lodged in there. He had to relax her with some meds. The vet said it was the same meds as what killed Prince. That didn't make me feel any better. He assured me, if used correctly it was a good med to use. So off she went with the vet to have the pensil thick wood removed from the roof of her mouth. It was in between her molars on either side. Out the wood came,  and now Zoey is back to normal, on antibiotics and a pain reducer. I got a $200 bill but it was far less then I was expecting. Why is that when something happens its always after normal vet hours? At least now that I've been brushing her teeth and she likes it. I'm going to continue as soon as her mouth heals up a bit more. 
I really wanted to go biking this morning. It rained like crazy last night. Plus, we want to go boating and I don't have time to bike and boat, plus clean the house and take Logan to the mall. I have a ton to do on the last day before school starts. I work well under pressure! 
Speaking of pressure, Logan cleaned out a lot from his room yesterday. Seems he wants his walls painted, and new furniture for his room. No pressure, right? Looks like I'll be doing some painting sooner then later. I'm going to do grays in the house. Might as well, change up the look as paint is cheap and so is my labor. 
Every Sunday I add up my miles of running and biking or what ever else I'm doing to stay fit. 
Running = zero miles
Biking = Sixty miles
Daily exercises = 4 days out of 7
I have some improvement to do  on those daily exercises. I need to get back to 7 days of planking. I should add in at least a few miles of running. I'm pretty happy about my bike miles. I only took one rest day on Thursday. 
Happy Labor Day weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment