Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, September 19, 2016

Drink, drink and more drink

It felt extremely unhealthy eating a low fiber diet. I sure miss my veggies, chunky PB,  and nuts. I have two additional days of low fiber then I can eat what I want. I'm thinking loads of veggies and NO white bread of any kind.

I had to drink this entire Gallon of liquid for my colonoscopy. 1/2 yesterday which was 8 - 8oz glasses and 9 - 8oz glasses this morning. Yuck, the stuff tasted like salt water with a touch of lemon. I added some crystal light to add in more lemon. It was some what drinkable. I just chugged it till it was gone! Every 15 minutes I had to drink a full glass. Was I ever glad when I was 100% finished.
The prep and eating no fiber wasn't all that difficult. Even the procedure wasn't bad. I felt nothing and was completely relaxed = drugged up! Because of my father's history of having colon cancer and dying at 60, I'll have to re-do this in another 3 years.. Lucky me. Ugh!!!!
 
Butt, it's a lot better then the other option, getting cancer that is 100% preventable if I just go in every three years! I'm taking this serious especially since it's hit close to home with my father and then just this last week losing a neighbor at age 44 to colon cancer.
I couldn't eat anything from 1pm Sunday till after my procedure 10am on Monday. I was a bit hungry and pizza from Lola's sounded super good. Steve and I each got our own pizza. I figured leftovers would be even better. Only Logan came home and was hungry for my pizza. So much for having left overs!
Cheese cake was our next stop! I got a slice of white chocolate, raspberry cheese cake and Steve got a coffee flavored cheese cake. Mine was just so so. I should have tried the pumpkin like I wanted but it had nuts on top so I couldn't eat that anyway. Usually the Cheesecake Factory tastes really good but not so much today. They all looked super good!
 
I love how when ever I get my heart rate tested at the doctor office, they always know I'm a runner. It's always super low.
I got a FB message from my friend list that I should post more running photos because I'm an inspiration. I hear that a lot from people I know. It's nice to hear, but when I haven't been running, only biking I don't feel like much of an inspiration. I can't even inspire myself to run six miles. I'm sure once it gets too chilly to bike I'll be all about running again. It just won't feel very easy since I've taken a big summer biking break! I need to be that person to inspire others to take action and exercise. Find something you enjoy doing for an hour or 30 minutes each day to get your heart pumping!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment