Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Strong... Stronger and Strongest!

Its a work in progress to take many steps forward, go back a few, then get right back at it, to get strong, stronger and the strongest you've been. 
I've been skipping more days of running this year, then I ever have since I started running. I'm a constant work in progress, but never giving up. I just take a few detours along the way with my fitness goals. Right now, I'm kind of in the just do what you can, maintain, don't give up. Fitness is not easy, its not easy to go run every day, to lift weights to challenge yourself to change it up to keep your muscles guessing. Age, sleep, eating, stress, work, family, obligations.. and laziness are always going to add to the mix of life.  All will play a role in how and why you choose to stay fit and keep it going. Sure, I want to quit on more then a few days and I have. I never let one day of not running turn into a week, two weeks and then ?? I give myself what time I need, and then I'm right back at it, wanting to run or not. I know to stay heart healthy, I need to run. I want to stay strong well into my old age. I just read about a 90 year old still competing in triathlons. How cool is that! 
I have a few fitness goals that make me afraid. I've been stopping myself for fear of the unknown. Sometimes the unknown is the most exciting part, once you get past that, its not so scary or as exciting. I have to remember that. Just because it scares me, more the reason to just do it. I've been talking myself out of doing a triathlon. It's just a lot of unknowns with three sports to figure out, swim, bike and run. I've certainly read up on how these events are suppose to go and look like. I just have yet to take the plunge. What is stopping me? Is it really the swim in a lake?  or bike tires that could go flat? Is it simply my fear of the unknown? This is what I have to figure out and what my goal should be. I've been living by "Do something that scares you". And there you have it, I have my next goal! Now to conqueror the tri. No matter how I do in this race, (haven't trained for the swim). It will make me stronger. It will make me feel like I can accomplish anything. Get over the unknown... to be strong, stronger and the Strongest You can be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment