Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Here we come Brainerd...and now the weekend is over.

We were invited up to our friends cabin again this year. It's kind of been a yearly tradition since about 1999. I started my day off every morning by getting up early and going out on the dock. I did my hour long yoga while eating my breakfast out there. It was so calming and peaceful. We really lucked out on the weather this time. No wind, humid and in the 90's. Perfect to hang out in the water all day long. Maybe not so great to go for a run but I did that too!
I ran every morning while on my vacation. Just the same route. Down to the main road and back which was 1.15 miles down. I'd do this route two times to get in about 4.65 miles each morning. A perfect way to start the day. With the humidity and it already being in the 70's, it was easy being soaked in sweat. I had a hard time cooling off after. I probably should have just jumped in the lake. 
We spent two days in the water from 10 am to 3pm. I needed an afternoon nap every day since I'd get up so early. The sun took a lot out of me to and by 3pm, I'd need a break from all the sun. 
We got a lot of use out of the jet ski, the kids and big kids used the knee board and tube. 

 We kept cool by doing a lot of swimming.. 
 Evenings on the deck... 
 Watching the sun set... 
 Steve and Logan did a lot of fishing using the kayaks. 
 A bunch of ducks and an Eagle were out on the lake
Friday night  we took a pontoon ride to get Pizza at Zorbaz and again had dinner Saturday night dock side at Ernies on Gull Lake
 The kids did some evening fishing off the pontoon. I was really hoping we'd have a fish fry but they never caught enough fish. 
 Pontoon ride around the lake




A super fun weekend and its over.. till we do it all over again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment