Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Snail Pace

I start off running at a snail pace, some where around a 11+minute mile for the first few steps till I get in my running mode. I'm not sure why I feel the need to check my Garmin when I clearly know I'm taking it easy until my feet and legs feel like moving a bit faster. 
I ran at the local park on the trails Friday morning. I just read an article about trail running and pace. 'Your pace is going to be slower on trials then pavement and that's just the way it goes. There's a lot of uneven surfaces, rocks, roots, twists and turns on the trail. I never try to go a certain pace, I go by how I feel and to just enjoy my surroundings. How would I ever have noticed this tiny snail on the trail if I was going too fast? I'll take my snail pace to stop and see and look around while running. 
It was a perfect weather day to be running trails. I got a late start so I stopped running after 2.5 times looping around the lakes. 
I like when there is no one on the trails. I did have to pass up a few walkers and people with their dogs. I really dislike the unleashed dogs. I think there is a rule about dogs must be on a leash? I'd like to remind those people I pass. 
I wanted to run this trail again Saturday morning but Celina had an early 8am JV Tennis Match at Hopkins H.S. No time to run.. 
A lot of tennis... 8am to noon and we thought it was going to be till 2pm! 




No comments:

Post a Comment