Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

My little Entremet Cakes



Who doesn't like to bake when they are on a diet?
 I finally got to try out my little silicone mousse mold pan. I made some raspberry mousse, coated the sides of the dome molds, added a scoop of chocolate gnash and covered that with the mousse. I froze those over night to set. The bottom is home made brownies with chocolate chips. I used a cookie cutter to make the round shapes. It was now assembly time. I had left over raspberry filling with the gel, so I made a thin layer and let that set up to gel. I put that on top of the brownie, then the mousse on top, covered in warm chocolate gnash and topped with a hard chocolate heart

I should have warmed up the chocolate gnash a bit more as it was hardening a little too fast and not getting completely smooth on the outside. It's a learning process. I'll be doing more with chocolate mousse and maybe white chocolate with a different crust, crushed sugar cookies? I'll have to figure that out later. I also need to purchase some gold luster dust an coat my little hearts. You just paint it on with a little mixture of the dust with some vodka. It dries and then you have a gold heart. Can't wait to try this new technique in baking! I'm going to try one bite of this dessert on Valentine's day! A diet splurge!!

Yesterday, I felt pretty hungry all day. Good thing I was busy which helps pass the time. 
I let Steve make dinner because even thought I was hungry and wanted to eat at like 5pm, I didn't feel like cooking. I never do! So, I waited, He made pan fried skin less chicken breast cut in half, with pesto peppers, onion and zucchini. I had another helping of veggies after this photo. He cooks in light olive oil so it was a very low calorie meal. 
Here's my  brownies for the bottom of my little cakes. They looked so good. I have left over bits of brownie that I could roll up and make some chocolate covered candies. Like little cake pops minus the stick. 

Did I mention that we finally got the paint for our office? It's a blue gray and I can't wait to get rid of the red! 

Here's what the office looks like now. I can't wait to re-do the whole room and clean out the clutter! I think the new fresh paint will inspire me to clean up our office. It's looked the same for 15 years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment