Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Snow/life update!

Did we get 10" of snow? I think so! It was nice to have the day off for a snow day. I was a bit worried that I needed something to keep me busy in the morning because dieting just goes faster when I'm busy. I ended up getting up late, late for me is 7:00 / 7:30am. I did my exercises and took my sweet time doing them. Cleaned the kitchen, washed the floors, vacuumed the house, did the dishes, washed some towels and clothes, baked cookies and went to the store at 1pm. I even resisted having lunch since Steve and Logan were getting Arbys. It did smell really good. 
The snow wasn't coming down as hard after 2pm and our neighborhood was finally plowed. I figured might as well go skiing. It was either that or just sit there not burning extra calories! So off I went to ski and see if the trails were groomed. I was in luck. The trails were at least plowed down, but no actual trail. I think two skiers were out earlier, but the tracks were covered in snow. I followed the tracks where I could see them and then made my own. That's the great thing about doing your workout outside. Once you get started, its not like you can stop. You have to finish the workout or you won't get back to the car. I was feeling tired out there. I was happy once again to see my car after 5 miles and 1 hour and 24 minutes of cross country skiing. It took me extra time to ski what I normally can do in a little over an hour! I was DONE! 
I kind of felt like Zoey looks in this photo after I came home. I couldn't rest because I wanted to cook my parsnips and sweet potatoes in the oven. I had veggies to cut up. Steve also wanted to play a game of cribbage while waiting for the potatoes. I decided to have some spicy humas and pita chips for a before dinner snack. Humas is pretty high in calories at 70 calories for 2 TBSP. I kind of load it on my pita chips. Then we ate leftover warmed up BBQ pork and the veggies for dinner. We still have more pork and left over veggies so I will either eat that for dinner or have my clams. I have yet to decide. I'm not really tired of BBQ or my sweet potatoes just yet! In all with the humas / chips I probably ate over 600 calories. I burned enough skiing calories to allow myself that humas and it was part of my dinner! 


My work schedule is a little messed up from the snow day. Mostly, it's a lot lighter work day! I'm hoping this afternoon the ski trails will be freshly groomed. My plan is to work from 9am to noon, stop at the bank, rest for an hour and then go ski! Loving the fresh snow!! I must remember to wax my ski's. The snow was a little sticky and I think my non wax ski's will just glide a bit better with a little wax.

No comments:

Post a Comment