Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, February 22, 2019

Fasting and weight loss on Week #5, Day #33

I've reached yet another mini weight goal. Its just an estimate of how much weight I should have lost by now if I lose 3 to 4 pounds per week on this fasting/500 calories per day diet, of only eating dinner. 
I've been feeling a lot colder. It's due to not eating much and I know this is what happens. Makes me want to move to warm  up! 

I've had to increase my exercise since I want to lose weight fast. I do daily planks, 1 minute bent arm's 2x;s and then 1 minute straight arm planks 2x's. Side planks either 30 seconds or 1 minute right and left side, some times 2x's. Lifting 15 pound dumbbells and then 20 pound dumb bells. I've also been cross country skiing 5 miles a few times a week, for over an hour each time. It's burning the calories and then some. I also have a very physical job where I'm moving for at least 2 or 3 hours a day which adds any where from 200 to 600 calories burned. 

Mostly, it's all about what I eat and watching calories/ portions. In between not eating from bedtime then morning till dinner, I drink lots of water, chew some mints for bad breath, that's also a symptom of not eating bread. Its easily cured with brushing my teeth and having a few sugar free mints throughout the day. Having some flavored water, and low calorie hot chocolate. 

What have I been eating? Smoked clams, sweet potatoes, parsnips, pork, chicken breast, humas, popcorn, chicken wings, taste of cake, a few almonds, salad, broccoli and I even had some alcohol a cider. I have gone over my 500 calories a few times. Mostly I stick to around 500 or a good guesstimate. 

I save my meals for eating with family most of the time. Unless I'm super hungry and can't wait past 6pm to eat. I even go out to eat on the weekends. I just split meals, like sharing a hamburger and not eating the fries. Or eating fried chicken wings but not the skin. I don't want to feel like I'm going to have to miss out on life while I lose weight. I'm trying to make this diet as easy as possible. 

I've been baking and giving away what I make. I plan dinners and make them so I know when and what we are eating. 

My goal is to get back down to where I was back in 2011. I lost around 40 pounds and kept it off for years, but the weight slowly crept back up. This last year was particular tough on my weight. I gained even more with Steve's eye injury and all the stress it placed on our family. It took a toll on me. I didn't gain back all the weight I had lost years ago, but very close. 

I've now dropped about 10 to 15 pounds in 5 weeks. Reaching mini goals of number of days, aprox weight, inches lost, fitting into more clothes, feeling better and looking a lot thinner. I still want to lose 15 to 20 pounds and will do that over the next few weeks. 

While I'm not recommending this diet. It has been successful for me. Figure out what works for you to lose weight. The experts say extreme cutting calories is dangerous below 1200 calories for women. It's it also dangerous to stay over weight every day? I suppose this is why I'm not worried about only eating 500 calories. I'm not going to faint, I still have energy and I don't feel overly hungry throughout the day. I would eat more if I didn't feel well with this diet. Its not something to maintain forever but I will use it a few times a week to maintain my weight loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment