Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Don't get discouraged!

Don't do it, don't get discouraged about weight loss! I have been sick the last few days with a really bad cough. My chest felt weird and I never experienced a cough like this before. Better just go in to the doctor to see if its in my lungs. I knew they would weight me. I didn't want to get weighed on this diet/fasting because it tends to discourage me about my efforts. I gave myself a pep talk, because the scales always make you heavier at the doctor office. I mean, its the middle of the day, I've drank lots of water, have all my clothes and shoes on. That counts for at least 2 pounds! My pep talk went something like this. I'm losing weight, not gaining and didn't remain the same weight I was over 39 days ago. What ever my weight is, its better then the alternative. I'm sure that I've lost at least 5 to 10 pounds, any more is a bonus. Of course in my mind, I should have lost at least 15 pounds by now. I was close 13 pounds. Not exactly the 15 I was hoping for. I got home and checked our scale and sure enough, two pounds lighter then the doctor office. So, seeing that made me feel better because I had originally weighted myself on our scale. So, it's been 6 weeks of weight loss effort to lose 13 pounds. I was hoping for more but with weekend eating more that's what's to be expected. I figure about a 2.5 pound a week, weight loss. So I had to re-adjust my weight loss journey on paper to include the accurate weight and my projected weight loss the next few days and weeks. 
I will get there with my weight loss. I still have a few months, March, April and Most of May to lose the weight I want before true summer is here! If I stay focused and don't get discouraged, I can lose all the weight I want. The key is to not get discouraged. I think by having a realistic idea of my true weight loss and not over exaggerating it helped me not be scale / weight shocked. Sure I would have liked to see 15 to 20 pounds of weight loss and it will come. I am soooo close to that goal! 

It's been a long time 6 weeks on this fasting diet but it doesn't feel that long. Its been fairly easy to maintain this diet. I get hungry sometimes, but that too passes and I do eat every day. I didn't have to give up anything, I just cut back. So, I'll be continuing and trying to stay focused on my true weight loss goals! Summer will be here either way, if I lose or quit and I don't want to be a quitter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment