Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Ice day / HANGRY!

Friday I finally got my lashes refreshed! It's so nice to have long lush lashes! So worth the work/swap for services! It did take extra long to get my lashes done. I think she started around 5:15 and I didn't get done till 7:30pm. She was training her sister to help so this is why it took extra long. Kind of messed up my Friday night but it all worked out just fine! 
When I got home from my lash appointment, Steve and Logan were up at Fiesta Cancun getting dinner at 8pm. I wasn't thrilled with eating at 8pm or going back out on the roads. I'd been driving around what felt like all day on bad, icy roads. I was tired of driving slow and being freaked out by all the black ice and just icy roads from all the snow we got. Since the restaurant is only 10 minutes away from home, back out I went to meet them. They had ordered food so I just had a little from each. Steve got some peppers / Veggies with rice and Logan got the usually chicken fajita. I had maybe a cup of food total and ate zero fried corn chips! I was kind of glad they didn't have much food to share and I didn't want to order my own food. It worked out perfect! I was kind of planning just to skip dinner altogether so I was happy that I really limited my calories for the day with just eating a tiny bit. 
Day #20, no sucking in my stomach! Feeling good about my weight loss so far. I still have more to go! I made it to my big goal day!!! Luck me, I received my goal reward in the mail yesterday! 

My cake molds showed up on my door step. I thought I was only getting 6 molds but it came with 2 and my card board gold cake cut outs came all in one box! I have been looking at Utube videos on how to make these fancy little cakes. It's pretty much make a cookie for the bottom, make mousse filling and then top with mirror glaze and make some gnash for in between the layers. Do a little baking, stove top cooking and freezing. All to make these cakes. A few layers. I'm going to start with a thin brownie crust, with a chocolate mouse, chocolate gnash, and some mirror glaze probably caramel, with a chocolate decoration on top and a dab of something piped to hold the chocolate decoration. I need gold luster dust to coat my chocolate decoration to make it look extra fancy too. Just add in alcohol to use like painting on gold to the chocolate. I've never made mouse or the mirror glaze so this is a first! Should be a fun project. It's in stages so do one part and wait and freeze the mouse over night in the freezer! I'm sooo going to start baking / Making these today! 


Friday, I worked and then had an appointment with our accountant. I had a little anger break down in the car. I can't say I've felt like that in a long, long time. I just needed to vent in my car. I felt like I was working all day to stay on time because I was looking forward to picking up our taxes. I finished working a bit early even with all the slow ice driving all around town. Got to the Accountant 10 minutes early, only to find out, he was not there. I'm like, Okay I'm early I will just wait in my car. I waited and waited till 30 minutes had passed. Then I was like okay off to the bank and then maybe he will be back. Before I left to the bank, I called home to see if I could get someone to give me the accountant's number to let him know I was there and waiting. Sometimes he forwards his phone to his cell. Well, no one could find his card with his number. I was a bit angry, probably Hangry since I had not eaten and I knew this. I just knew exact location of where his business cards were, on every single tax book in the office cabinet. We have stacks of them going back years! No one could find them in the cabinet even thought, they were exactly where I said they were! Ugh!! Frustration!!! So, I drove to the bank, very angry!! Glad I got that out of my system! Then I felt a lot better, you know when you just yell as loud as you can because no one can hear you in the car. I have to laugh now because my voice actually hurt after that! I needed to just vent to myself. I had a few not so nice words but I wasn't angry at any one or any thing. Just a little dieting/ fasting melt down at of course, 3pm when I'm needing down time and I know it! Good thing the accountant was there when I returned from the bank and all was good again! 

Plus, I knew we were getting money back this year, instead of paying in. It always feels good to get some money. Now we just have to wait for the check and then off into savings it goes. We depleted some of savings last year when Steve couldn't work with his eye injury. So its nice to put back some money that we had to use. It's always nice to have a emergency fund, but it's better not to have to use it at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment