Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Dieting and Celebrating Crepe day

It's a French type of celebrating every February 2nd, you make and eat crepes and throw one up on a shelf for good luck through the year. I knew even on a diet, that I wanted to have at least one crepe. I ended up eating two but spread the jelly very, very thin and had two slices of Canadian bacon with my eggs. I determined the calories must be around 580 - 600. It was a little splurge but planned and I pretty much stuck to the plan but I did eat one more crepe then I needed. 
Steve making the crepes with Celina. She wanted some with coconut flour. They were kind of weird textures. I stuck to the flour crepes. 

Tossing the crepe. It didn't quite land on the top of the cabinet, more like up and over and fell behind. 


I never did take a photo of my crepes with jelly. 


My eggs turned out pretty good. I added mushrooms, peppers, fresh spinach and a little Swiss cheese with skim milk and no crust.  

 I made these cute little heart shaped almond spritz cookies with my cookie press. Just used some food coloring and sprinkles. I made three large baking sheets full of these little cookies. I love baking when I'm on a diet, even if I'm not eating any of it. I watched a UTube video on filled donut making. I might have to try that at some point. 

I actually got some much needed exercise yesterday. I went cross country skiing for 1 hour and 20 minutes. My Garmin was not fully charged so I just looked at the clock before skiing and right after instead of keeping track of the miles I was skiing. It felt like a good work out. I can tell my fitness level is not where it use to be. I had three old ladies pass me out on the trail, one old guy and a fast first aid volunteer. I'm usually the one passing people up. My main goal was just to push forward at any pace. I do know that my non-wax skis slow me down. Everyone else that passed me had the wax kind and they definitely were able to glide a lot further with less effort. At least that is going to be my excuse for now.  All week looks good to keep skiing with fresh snow in the forecast and okay above freezing temperatures all week. 

 I looked up Cross Country Skiing and how many calories you burn in an hour. I got varying results from every place I checked. I am just going to estimate around 500 for the hour and I skied an extra 20 minutes over the hour. It did feel good to be out doors exercising once again. My foot felt great the whole time too. I didn't have any foot/heal pain. I also put in some heal cushion inserts in my ski boots. I'm sure that helped my left heal while skiing. Every shoe I wear has to have some type of insert to cushion my heal. I've also been keeping up on the foot exercises. I go back into the doctor this week on Wednesday for a three week follow up appointment. I'm kind of hoping to just get the stim with cortisone treatment on my heal as a preventive measure. I haven't tried running just yet but will as soon as the roads are clear. We had a little melting going on yesterday but I don't want to fall on ice! 

I hit yet another dieting goal day today! End of week #2, day #14 of my dieting/fasting. I have to say, I feel like I can keep doing this diet for a long time. Sometimes its difficult when I feel hungry during the day and after dinner when I want to eat till I feel really full. I just have been good about stopping eating and not wanting to give up on my diet / weight loss goals. I still have a long way to go to reach my weight loss of 20 pounds. I am trying to guess how much I've lost these past 14 days. My guess is the most I can hope for is 7 pounds, losing about a pound every other day. 

I'm enjoying the befit of losing weight. I can tell my clothes are fitting better. Tank tops aren't as tight, my pants are looser. Its a good feeling to be feeling better about me. I'm still not happy with my weight so I have work to keep doing. I am determined to lose all the weight once again. My plan this time is to not gain it all back again over the years. I'll just do this intermittent fasting as a maintenance plan once I do reach my goal weight loss.  I will need to go back to weighting myself daily so my weight doesn't creep back on. I'm also looking forward to being 100% injury foot free again so I can get back out and run. I see people running all the time and I really miss my morning run. It was the best part of my day even on really cold mornings. It felt so good to get in a run and feel that sense of accomplishment right away in the mornings. When I lost over 40 pounds years ago, I lost the weight first then added in exercise. This time, I'm doing my planks, lifting weights and adding back in exercise slowly with skiing first, some indoor biking and then running will follow. Plus, I always get in a workout from working a few hours each day. I move at least 4 hours a day doing moderate exercise. I just need to move a little more each day and spend less couch time. The more weight I gained and combined that with my foot injury, the less I wanted to exercise. It's kind of a down ward spiral. I'm happily back on track, making slow but steady progress every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment