Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, February 4, 2019

Fat loss

It's week number 3, or day #15 of my intermittent fasting/weight loss plan. Every week starting after week #1, I recorded the following using a tape measure and a Fat/ BMI machine. 

Here are the amount of change since week 1 to week 3:
Waist  - 6"
Hips - 3"
Arm - 1"
Thighs - 1"
% fat - 3.3%
BMI  -.99

My guess is on day 15, I've lost about 8 pounds, which is a pound every two days on this diet. It's just a guess as I don't want to weight myself in case I'm not really at that weight. It would disappoint me if I didn't lose as much as I was thinking and if it's more, that's all the better. Right now, I'd rather not know to stay focused on sticking with my diet and seeing the results that I can measure. 

Weekends are usually more difficult to stick to diets. I find myself needing something to do in the mornings to help the time pass and not eat. Its not like I'm hungry, sometimes its from boredom and just not having a whole lot to do to pass time. This weekend, I had fresh snow to go skiing so I took full advantage and got out there to ski both Saturday and Sunday. Five miles of skiing every day!

I skied my normal loop I do every winter. It took me on Saturday 1 hour and 20 minutes and Sunday 1 hour and 15 minutes to ski just 5 miles! A good workout and my legs felt a little sore yesterday but I'm good as new today. I'll have to wait till we get fresh snow to do any more skiing. It warmed up and rained a little, now it's freezing and going below zero making the snow pure ice. That makes for dangerous skiing conditions. We should get more snow on Tuesday and hopefully, the temperatures are above zero so I can get out there and ski! 
Sunday, Steve came with me to work at a Rental house, after we finished my car's serpentine belt once again came off, the battery light came on letting us know we needed to pull over and fix it. Luck for us, we were near the bread smith and used the parking lot to fix my car. Steve brought along a few tools but needed more to get the belt back on so we could drive home or drive to get a new belt gears. We were in walking distance to a hardware store so he was able to buy a wrench and get a pipe for using as leverage to tighten up the tension. This is more about cars then I ever wanted to know. Thankfully, when he was younger he liked working on motors and is very handy. Otherwise we would have to be towed and paid a lot to get this fixed. We had the kids come get in and follow us home just in case we needed a ride. All turned out fine once again and we were able to get a new $100 part and Steve put that in once we were home. It took him about 15 minutes to do the new repair. Saving us thousands!! So my SUV is good to go once again. It's got at least 220K miles on it. So I'm trying to make it last as long as possible before getting a new Toyota. I'll probably just get the same car again as I really liked it and it fits all our needs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment