Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Steady Transformations

I'm slowly making progress on my weight loss goals. I still want to lose another 15 pounds by May. 

It's been easy following this simple diet where I only eat dinner. I don't have to think about food and I don't have to worry about making sure I don't over snack! I'm staying around 500 calories for the day. I'm now on day #24, which means I'm hoping that I'm down 12 pounds, if I can lose a pound every other day. I have no idea as I'm not going to weight myself. It's not about the actual weight on the scale, its how my clothes fit. They are getting looser and I'm feeling much better about that! 

I had a light work day, so I wanted to get out and cross country ski. The only problem was that I had pretty low energy in the afternoon. I had shoveled 6" snow off the driveway, cleaned and then went shopping. By the time I got home, I needed some couch time for an hour and then took a half a caffeine pill which is only 100mg. Not a whole lot but enough to pep me up. This time I didn't over dress but kind of under dressed by forgetting my face scarf. It was pretty chilly on my face so I was happy to at least have worn my motorcycle goggles. Snow was falling and I hate getting snow in my eyes as I learned the last time I was out and had my lashes coated with snow. I always end up taking off my face scarf after a mile or so into my skiing but it sure is nice to have it, until I warm up! I won't be forgetting it today. Temperatures are 10 degree's colder! 

It sure felt good to get back to the car after skiing 5 miles. I was thinking at the 2.2 mile mark that I really wanted to cut my route shorter. Its just easier to stay on the route I always take because I kind of know where I am and how much longer it will take me to ski to my car. So I end up just doing my same old route. 
I finished my little Raspberry/chocolate mousse cakes. They turned out delicious. I really wanted to try luster dust on my chocolate chocolate hearts. It turned out okay. I'm not super sold on the luster dust look. It did add some gold sparkle but I'm not sure it needed it? A chocolate heart made with white chocolate or colored pink probably would have looked better. They weren't perfect cakes as I have yet to master that, but good enough for the first try. I'll improve! 
We tasted tested one last night. I cut it open and it turned out exactly as I had hoped. I added a touch of almond extra to the raspberry mousse and it almost tasted like a cherry filling. Yum! I was pretty happy with the results and the mousse held up and didn't all melt to nothing. 
A neighbor had a birthday this week so I bought these cute little gold boxes and packaged up a little cake for her. I also make those brownie candy bites with left over brownies I used for the bottoms of the cakes. They turned out cute with the added pink in the white chocolate and then I drizzled dark chocolate on top. I didn't taste test those but made Steve. He said they were good but not super chocolate tasting? What? 
Instead of the usual Taco Tuesday. I wanted to make Beef tenderloin Kabobs for dinner. I wanted to pre-plan my food since I had to work at 4:30 to 5:30 last night. I pre-cooked the mushrooms in a pan with garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I don't like plain mushrooms so they must be precooked. I just coated the beef with some Montreal seasoning. I was a little heavy handed with the seasoning but it was super good and peppery. 
Steve also roasted some sweet potatoes and parsnips in the oven and made a side of little cherry tomatoes in garlic. I forgot to take a picture so I snapped this one after I ate half my food. 

I'm planning dinner again tonight. I checked Pinterst for some ideas. I'm going to make a pork tenderloin in heavy cream, wine, rosemary sauce with some wild rice, asparagus and a salad. I was tempted to just have my smoked clams but I'll save those for another night. Usually I wouldn't make anything with heavy cream but I have leftovers from my cakes. I might just use skim milk instead of the cream? 
Another chilly morning with temperatures at 2*F. I couldn't get Zoey out the door this morning. This was her look! She turned and went right into the office on her bench in the window and hasn't moved since. Its only warming up to 10*F Tooo cold! 


No comments:

Post a Comment