Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, November 25, 2016

My Turkey Day

I have to say, this was probably one of the better Thanksgivings I've had. The food was all perfect, we played games, everyone was on time, and we ate early at 3pm on the dot! Not to mention we combined Thanksgiving with Kendra's 30th birthday. She didn't want to celebrate turning 30, but we did it anyway.
 
The human head photo.
 
Evan and I were at dinner even though you can't see us.

 
Kendra didn't get her white chocolate, raspberry cheese cake with a chocolate cookie crust for a cake this year. She got a pumpkin pie instead made by Celina. I probably should make a cheesecake for Christmas this year to make up for the not so birthday cake like celebration!
 
We did buffet style serving, since there is 11 of us, we all just fit around the table. I'm not sure what we will do when Celina and Logan have families. The table is going to have to grow a bit bigger!
 
 
 
 
 
 Steve cooked the turkey perfect this year. It might not have been golden brown because he cooks it in the roasting pan, but it sure was tasty and so juicy! I found out people do want to eat the golden turkey skin. It's just not going to be me!
 
 The turkey with the sides. So much food! What is even better, the next day left overs. There was no pecan pie left over so I had to buy one at the store just so I could have another slice today. I'm keeping it frozen in the freezer so I don't have to eat the whole pie all in a few days.
 

I don't have photos from our game of Apples to Apples we played for two hours. It was fun. Next time I think we need the Games for Humanity for Christmas. Might as well make it more funny.
It was good seeing my little buddy again. I always tell him that I missed him soooo much. He said it back to me to with a huge hug and kiss. Evan is the best!
 
 
I don't have photos to prove that Celina and Logan along with Zoey joined me the last two days in a row. They all did the 1.5 mile, 1 time loop around our neighborhood with me, then I did another loop alone to get in my 30 minutes of cardio and 3 miles for the day. I'm doing the minimum of exercise you need per week 5 days per week for 30 minutes. I do want to change that and workout longer but I just can't convince my brain to want to do anymore. Guess the minimum is better then nothing.
 
Zoey is pulling a lot on her leash while we run. I'm trying to train her not to pull, but it's difficult. She just wants to run as fast as she an and drag me along. I was reading some springer info and it looks like there is a trainer type harness you can purchase to teach them not to pull. I'm ready to try something else. Might have to Google some suggestions of what to purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment