Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, November 7, 2016

A Happy Birthday to Logan, 14!

 
Happy 14th Birthday Logan. To my youngest and only boy! We are so proud of the young man you have become. Kind, talented, smart and fun to be around. How did we ever get such a great kid!
 
We celebrated Logan's birthday with breakfast. He requested waffle's instead of cake. I think he is on to something with having your birthday celebration right away in the morning instead of waiting till dinner. We had the day to do fun things with Logan and it happened to be a really warm, nice November 6th day, almost 70*F and sunny.
We took a drive to the River to sit outside and enjoy the afternoon.
 
Logan and Celina drove with Tim and we followed in our car behind them.
 
We all shared some greasy fried foods, egg rolls, wings, fries and cheese curds. Had some drinks and then drove home.

After we went to Target to look for more thing to put in Logan's room. Then the four of us went to St. Paul to have pizza and cake at Cosetta's.

Logan wanted to re-do his room for a birthday gift. We painted the walls from Red and white to a gray with white trim. We still have to put up the white trim around the windows. He purchased a new desk that still needs a chair, a bed frame, rug, new pillows, comforter/blankets and misc stuff to decorate, pictures, plants etc.

We decided to paint his old bed side table white and I finally painted our crown molding white for our newly painted/tiled, redecorated 1/2 bathroom.

We made two trips to Ikea deciding on what bed frame to purchase. The 2nd trip to the store was the winning items for his room. We picked up pretty much everything we needed. They were out of the two lights he wants on either side of his bed so we need to go back to the store on Wednesday. Plus, finish the head board of stained old fence. Its going to look like rustic flooring behind his bed.
Logan and I both stained the fence in a gray and then Logan went over it again with some dark brown in places to make it look a little older and more rustic. We'll cut the boards in various sizes and attach them to a wood board behind his bed. I'm hoping to get this project done this week or this coming weekend. I know Logan is excited to have his room finished. We are still looking for curtains, since he is tired of having blinds.


Saturday we had a record high temp of 73+F. I waited till late afternoon around 3:30 to finally go for my 12 mile bike ride. I wanted to help Logan with his room before I went riding and also for it to warm up. It felt great to get out on my bike again in warm weather!
 The shadows sure are getting longer and longer!


I don't usually do this, but after biking Steve wanted to sit outside and open a bottle of wine. Some wine and oyster crackers sounded super good on the deck and why not? It was Saturday night after all!
 
I was thirsty and hungry after biking. I made sure to drink lots of water with my wine.
Just a few more photos, relaxing after a workout. Sitting out front soaking up the sun and getting some much needed vitamin D.

Logan said the nicest thing to me the other day. He was looking at photos on my phone and he said Mom, you look better in person then in these pictures. Well, with all the filters you can add to smooth out wrinkles in photos. I'll take that as a nice compliment!

Zoey enjoying the weather and then being exhausted and crashing on the couch after too much fresh air. I think we can all relate to this feeling.

 

It's Monday, and I work later so I need to do a bunch of stuff before I work today. Better get working out, running errands and baking cookies! I don't think that extra hour from day light savings time did anything to help me have more time to sleep or get things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment