Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

I just upped it!

That's right, my title says it all. I upped my side planks going from 1 minute each side for a total of two minutes to just doing a whole two minutes on one side. One minute longer then I normally hold a plank. I just wanted to be done with my morning planks. I just wanted to do the whole two minutes all at once instead of splitting up the time and you know what? It didn't kill me. In fact, I was more then ready to increase my plank time. I still struggle with the two minutes for a normal bent arm and straight arm plank. I think its more just the time required to do nothing other then plank when my mind is running a million miles per hour on what else I need to do this morning, like go run!
I wrote down some life long goals or I suppose a life plan for the next few decades. What will I do in my 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's? Exercise is #1 on my list and so is spending time with family. After that I need to keep working at least part time to have a purpose and to keep earning money. Although, I did say I am not working in my 80 and 90's. I have travel plans to. I want to see as much as possible and that might mean living in a tiny house to do that. If it's just Steve and I, we can do that if we live in a warm climate were we can extend our living space to the outdoors. I'm all about less is best, except when it comes to our sport equipment, then more is better! I'm looking forward to having more life experiences then stuff in my life. My goals are also to pay off debt. We are well on our way to being mortgage free in a few years. Once that is paid off we'll have the money to pay off the other debt and invest in travel, maybe a new business and more fun in life.
I might not be into the whole dog clothes buying thing, but I am into the cute hats for dogs. I did crochet Kendra's dogs each hats with pompoms a few years ago when I learned how to make a hat with yarn. I think the doggie hats turned out better then the hats I made our kids. I'm not sure Zoey loves her Santa hat I purchased last night for $2, but she's a good sport and wears it with out trying to get it off or chew it up. She definitely likes her reindeer antlers better.
I'm in the holiday baking mood. I normally bake cookies for my customers every week. Sometime, I get lazy and just dip pretzels in almond bark because it takes like two minutes. I decided to make some gingerbread cookies off the molasses jar. They turned out soft and delicious. I might have to make these and give them to family. I have a list of cookies I want to bake this year and maybe some new ones too off Pinterest.
Here is the recipie I used, if you want to make some up. I rolled the cookies in sugar before baking. I think it needed the extra sugar.


Little by little I'm making diet changes. I had some yogurt with raspberries instead of Ice cream. It's not the same as my vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce but about the same size portion. It's a work in progress. As is running, a work in progress.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment