Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Saturday's Burn

So much for putting on Sunscreen, I got a good burn anyway. Guess that's just what happens when you mix boating, water, sand and sun for a few hours. 
We spent Saturday on the St. Croix river boating and lounging at the Island sand bar with a ton of other boaters. This was probably the most boats/people we have encountered on the river. 
This photo does not even show how busy the island truly was with all the boats. The boats were lined up on every inch of shore line of this island on all boating sides. 
There were far more BIG huge boats then smaller ones. It's all about being on the river for us and I am just happy to have a boat even if it looks small in comparison next to the biggies. 
I think Celina and I got our sun burn from floating in the water. It sure felt good in 90*F temperatures with the water around 70*F. 
We stopped at the store before heading to the river to get new floats and a big umbrella. A lot of people purchased those giant floating rafts to use on the water. I didn't see many people actually on the floats, just more of them rolled up on the boat. 

Can you tell I don't go anywhere without my Fitbit? I won the weekly step challenge and I don't feel I did much running for the week. I'm too lazy to hunt down my workout planner at this moment but if I remember right I think the number of running miles was aprox 15? hum.. that seems low, maybe I should look it up. 22 miles so far but for the challenge it's just Monday - Friday and here's what I ran
Monday 1.4 miles
Tuesday 6 miles
Wednesday 6 miles
Thursday 1.7 miles
Friday 1.5 miles 
I also worked a lot on Thursday and Friday which equals added walking miles. 

 More pix of enjoying the river. I didn't enjoy the time it took to get to the river since Celina and I drove to meet Steve, his brother and Logan (they went fishing at 8am) we arrived at 11am, after shopping for an umbrella, fishing license for Celina, snacks and water, then stopping to get iced coffee for the kids. 


After having a lazy day at the river, I was glad Celina and I went later on so that I was able to get in a six mile run before the day started. 

Happy Boating!

No comments:

Post a Comment