Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Zap There Goes All My Energy!

I started getting a cold last week and it's now full blown! It's completely zapping my energy.


I've done nothing this weekend other then rest 99% of the time. Saturday, I was so tired that I couldn't even finish my daily exercises and it was a struggle to do my planks. Sunday, I woke up late, took some Advil to make me feel better and then I was able to do my daily exercises and then go for a run. Not only did I run three miles, but I went for a 43 minute and eight mile bike ride in 50's temps for February.  After my bike ride, I crashed and was sleeping on the floor for a few hours. I still feel tired and just zapped. It's about all I can do to sit up and feel like a normal person. Forget getting anything done this weekend. It's all about rest, feel better and do nothing. I'm missing out on enjoying our warm up this weekend but thankfully, we will stay warm pretty much all week till Friday when its going to snow and the temps are going to drop.

I did feel the best this morning while out on my bike ride. I was hoping this is what I needed to feel better and not be sick. I'm pretty sure I completely over did it with my three mile run followed by all those bike miles.


It sure felt great to be back out biking. I really missed this route. I took the shorter route since this was the first time I was out riding since the late fall. I lose a lot of biking fitness over the winter. It almost feels like I'm starting all over again. My legs felt great but I knew from my Garmin that my speed was a lot slower. I was okay with going at a nice bike pace and not trying to push myself to go faster and ride harder. I just wanted to be outside and enjoy the ride. I plan to do more riding the rest of the week, regardless of how I feel. I will just wait till after working to save my energy for what matters the most.

 I'm happy that I have a busy work week ahead. My goal is to pick up a few more new clients this next month. I'll be spending afternoons working on advertising and hopefully going on estimates which will result in new clients.  When you own three businesses, you have to do everything and I'm the only one who can make things happen. It's up to me to get out there and get more business. Having my own business does give me the flexibility to take afternoon naps, go biking and running. It's also easy to get lazy and do nothing other then go through the motions. I'm sure once I'm feeling 100% again and the weather stays in the 50+F and warmer my energy level and wanting to do more will also increase.

A little Zoey pix..

No comments:

Post a Comment