Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

How to cure feeling anxious

Caffeine defiantly makes me feel anxious. The only way I know how to get rid of that feeling is to go run. I tend to worry a lot about pretty much everything and anything. The what if's? I think of the worst possible outcome and then realize it's not that bad. I might have to make life changes, but that's small in comparison. I just need to refocus and get back on track to tackling my goals and making progress to not feel anxious. Easier said then done. I had a rough day of not wanting to do much of anything on Tuesday. I just laid on the couch for most of the day. I didn't get any where on my goals and it didn't help me that I didn't get out to run on Tuesday. I let myself just do nothing. I suppose most of the day I was worrying about getting our taxes back. If we'd owe money or get some back. Well, we did end up owing a little but we are getting some back too. It's not as bad or as good as I had hoped. I wasted an entire day on something that I could not change the outcome. So unproductive and definitely not moving forward in a good direction to do nothing.
 
I'm back on the road, running my three miles this morning and I feel so much calmer. I still have work to do. I have goals to accomplish and items on my todo list that I'm checking off one by one. I just have to stay focused and not get lazy about what I want to accomplish. Its so easy to say this is too hard, I don't feel like it today. It's self destructive thinking and I need to do something to make things happen. Good things will only come from putting in the effort. It's the kick I needed to get off my butt and just go! That's my thinking when I go for a run and it's my motivation to keep going. It just feels so much better to see the rewards of my accomplishments.

 
Steve gave me some beautiful flowers for Valentine's day and got the kids some candy. Steve's parents also gave us candy and the kids some cash. We are loaded with candy around the house. Its a bad temptation to have around.

Kendra sent me this picture of Evan and his Robot Valentine's gifts he is handing out at school to his friends. How cute is that! A robot made from pudding, juice boxes and candies.
Plus, Evan is a super cutie in his PJ's.
I snuck in a quick photo of Zoey. 14 months old... She got a new big baby stuffed animal from Steve's mom. She just loves her babies. I'll have to get a photo of her with her new toy. She was super funny this morning how she went to get her baby and take it outside with her and then brought it back inside with her. She would have made a great mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment