Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Trying not to get discouraged

It's a fitness game of a few steps forward and a few back again. Kind of feels like Ground hogs day, doing the same thing day after day and then realizing, you never got any where.
I've been going back to the gym after a couple of years break from the people and just being stuck inside working out. I'd much rather run or bike outside then be inside doing my workout in the same spot. Plus, I needed a break from the people that are the regulars at the gym. It was feeling more like going to work, then a fun place to be and get in my workout. I'm back to the gym, but I go at a different time then the morning where I'd see all the regulars. I like just going and doing my workout then leaving. It's me time and my time to read, zone out in my workout or watch TV and read magazines.

I lost a lot of gym fitness since I stopped going. I might have gained outside strength, but that doesn't transfer to the gym and what I use to be able to do as my workouts. I'm starting back up slowly. I want to enjoy going and I don't want to discourage myself by focusing on what I use to be able to do.

 
 
It's been a struggle to maintain and then to gain weight after all my efforts at workout. I know most of my issues are with food and I need to get back to doing a lot more about my diet. I'm working on a transformation to get back to healthy eating. It has not been perfect or even close to that. I do a lot of regressing back to bad habits. I'm still trying and will not give up. I just need to work harder on figuring out what I need to do to keep myself on the healthy choices eating track.

Going back to the gym was tough. Its difficult to start and then stop at anything. Its easier to just keep going. I have to make an effort to still get my workout in outside and make it to the gym to lift weights. I have a goal to regain all the muscles I lost from being gone a few years from my daily gym workout.

I have added in yoga two times a day. It helps with my sore muscles and relaxing after a busy work filled day. Plus, it gives me something to focus on and try to regroup my efforts into healthy eating.

I realized that I have a plan for afternoon lunches, and snacks but not for dinner or after dinner snacks. I want to start eating more veggies. The only way to do that is to allow myself some dip with those veggies because carrot sticks or cauliflower on their own does not sound super appealing to me. Lets see if this change works because reaching for bread, cookies, cake just isn't working to get me to drop some pounds.


I have one more day left to finish up my taxes and they will be done! I have plans to get back to painting the trim around our house and finishing up those home projects we started back in October.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! Never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment