Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, May 4, 2017

The Ups and Downs of Spring time

I'm having a lot of ups and downs this spring. The weather is a huge factor! I've waited all winter to finally have nice weather and to have everything green up. It's here, spring time but with that is rain and still chilly weather. I'd like to just jump right into summer and 80*F days. It must have something to do with seasonal change because I find myself still bored with everything I'm doing lately. I'm in a holding pattern of life till summer is really here. 

It seems my whole family is kind of going through the same thing. The kids can't wait for the school year to be over. Logan has been in soccer since he was four and is a bit tired of it all. Steve just wants to hop on his motorcycle and go for a ride. I'm just waiting for camping, running in warm weather and just a change from the same old every day. 
In a positive note, while it was very chilly last night at the soccer field, I forgot to bring a warm coat and a blanket. Logan's team won their first game and Logan almost scored a few times. 
I haven't been running in a few days now and it felt good to get back out on the road and pound out three quick miles. I'll be biking later on today since the weather is going to be in the upper 60's. 
I'm still trying to lose more weight. I ate late last night and ended up eating around 1400 calories for the day. I have to get back down closer to 500 per day if I want to lose the last 10 pounds before June. I had two nice complements yesterday.  A woman customer that I haven't seen all winter said I was looking good. A new customer said I looked a lot younger then my age. I'll take anything I can get since I'm fast approaching 50.. It's coming quicker then I'd like. I have to say, the only thing I notice about getting older is my eye sight. The fact that I have to wear glasses to read anything up close really bugs me. The gray hair isn't even that big of a deal but mess with my eye sight, ugh! Not good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment