Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, May 12, 2017

Fix it and save

I am so happy that Steve is a fix it person. He can pretty much figure out anything. This one I was actually able to help with too. All I can say, is I'm am thankful for YouTube! It saved us probably over a thousand dollars. Celina came home Wednesday night and could not get her key out of the ignition. It was good and stuck no matter what we did. I called the repair shops and it sounded like they would have to replace the key, get a new one re-keyed through a lock smith, replace the ignition starter. We didn't have to do any of that! I just got on Google and played a You Tube video on how to get the key unstuck from a Kia Optima. Bingo! After watching a quick video on how to take apart the middle console and get to the stick shift, it was just a small plastic piece that broke off and was blocking the shiftier from engaging in park to unlock the key. Steve just unbolted the console and it pulled right off and then he cut off the broken plastic piece and put it all back together. Under 30 minute from watching the video to the repair and putting it all back together. I'm sure the car dealer would have taken us for an expensive repair on something so easy and cheap, $0 to fix! I had a $160 dollar quote to purchase the new starter, which we didn't need to fix the issue and that didn't include the repair costs or the lock smith. It pays to do a little car repair research because a lot of issues you can do on your own. 


I had Thursday off from working. I took a 100% rest day with my day off. I didn't run, I didn't bike  and a just did my planks but did not lift weights. In fact, I spent the day catching up on a new TV show White Princess. I think that's the name of the show on STARZ? They are only on episode #4 so it was easy to catch up and its on Sunday nights. I'll be looking forward to every Sunday!!


I was back at running and biking this morning. I have been splitting up my workouts, but today I did a quick 1.5 miles followed by a short 15 minute break, because I had to drop off sheet music at school for Celina and then off to bike 10 miles. Feels good to be done with my workout right away in the morning. I plan to take a power nap after lunch because my work day is also going to be split up! 

I forgot to post a picture of Logan's Wednesday night soccer game. It sure was a nice night to sit outside. Good thing they won because we had to drive all the way out to Plymouth, where I use to live till I was in my mid 20's. Its a good hour away with traffic. 

Good thing it's Friday! I still work on Saturday and have my own house to clean. We have Prom for Celina to look forward to this weekend. Plus, Mother's day at our house for a brunch with my kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment