Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Not giving myself any credit

I am not giving myself  enough credit lately for sticking with a diet and exercising. I'm actually being too hard on myself for not having lost enough weight and not doing more running and doing more lifting with weights. I really need to just focus on what I did do to be productive in my weight loss efforts and stop beating myself up for what I could have done more of. It would be great if I could just eat around 500 calories and not go over by 500 for the day. It's just not possible every day because I am just plain hungry and maybe a bit bored too, which causes me to eat over what I planned for the day. I don't always push myself on more exercise to tone up more even if those are my goals. I get side tracked in the afternoons and evenings. 
I need to give myself credit for doing all 12 minutes of planks every day. Lifting heavy weights for my arm workout and just getting out to run even if it's just three miles and then the tough part, getting out in the afternoons/evenings to go for a bike ride after a busy work day. Sure I take a nap and I'm not doing as many running or biking miles as I'd like, but the fact is, I need to easy up and give myself just credit for doing it. It would be far easier to just sit on the couch and do nothing. 


I keep thinking I should be farther along in my weight loss efforts then I am. I try on clothes and they still don't fit loose enough. Those tight jeans are still a little tight and I still try on other clothes and they don't look right. I need to just trust the weight loss process and remember, I put on weight over time, I will also lose weight over time. I just have to stick with it. Diet day 40 is tomorrow. Another HUGE goal day. I might have changed my diet calories a little, allowing myself to eat more but still having a calorie deficit each day, but I 'm still going and still working at my goals every single day. It truly is a mind game and my mind needs to stay in the game for the long term. There are no short cuts to weight loss and maintaining it. You have to do the hard work and right now, this is the hard mind work! 


Just wanted to include a Zoey of the day picture. This is her idea of supporting me on my planks. I plank, she naps. 
Just a little update on what I've been doing to eat healthy and lose weight. I pretty much stick to eating the same foods every day. 

Breakfast- 1 slice of whole grain bread with 1 TBSP Chunky Natural Skippy PB

Lunch - My tortilla homemade soup with a starter cheat packet from the Thymes G. Store. It's super spicy and low in calories 
2 cups 

Dinner - 1 Large baked Sweet potato, maybe a chicken breast? This is the only meal that gets changed up, but this is my go to meal. 

Snacks list of choices- Popcorn 2 cups 
Carrot sticks
small Banana, strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, Honey PB taste ( only if I really am craving something sweet). 

It's really all my favorite foods. I don't feel deprived with any of my food choices. 

My workouts every day:
Run three miles 350 cal burn
Bike 10 miles 400 cal burn
12 minute abs 
and arm weights
 working burns 250 - 600 calories M-F

The sad truth, I'm still not tone! It's all about the diet and losing fat!!! Working on that!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment