Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Spring training

I'm not training for any specific race or any races at all this spring. It's been awhile since I last raced. Was it back in July of 2016? 1 mile and 4 mile run for the Gold? I think so!

I've been training for more of a dualthaon, run followed by a bike ride. I am liking the shorter run and then the 9 mile bike ride after that. I get in a good hour plus workout. I have been keeping with my three miles of running for 30 minutes followed by a short rest, then off to bike on dirt roads for another 9 miles or 40 - 45 minutes. It's a good mix of cardio. I'll probably keep doing the same workout till I'm ready to run more miles and add in biking miles little by little over the spring, summer and fall.


Steve usually rides with me on my biking miles. It's nice to have a little company and to push myself harder to keep up to his pace. 

We had to stop while biking to save a tiny baby painted turtle. It was crawling across the road to the pond on the other side. We just helped it get to the pond and then went on our way. 


Saturday morning, we all went to the local park. The kids and Steve took Zoey for a walk while I ran around the lake. The other lake was closed due to putting in a paved path around the lake. I'm hoping it opens up soon! I ended up finishing three miles after I went for a quick 1.5 mile run in the hood. 

It's always so much nicer running on a dirt path and in the wood then looking at houses in our neighborhood. 


Steve and I did a little winery hopping Saturday afternoon. We just went to the wineries close to home. After three glasses of wine, I was DONE! 

I was feeling a bit too much alcohol on an dieting stomach with not much food. I did bring little crackers to snack on and ended up eating them all and some popcorn in the car ride home. Guess, that was better then filling up on cheese and then going out for a greasy burger and fries.  

 Friday night we meet the kids up at the local Mexican restaurant for an early happy hour dinner.  
 Its always fun having music to listen to while sharing a chicken fajita and some chips with salsa. I did have some chips but ate very few and loaded the chip with salsa.

We are celebrating Steve's birthday tonight. I have some chicken and beef lettuce wraps to make and then to finish up making his coffee ice cream cake. Plus, I have to clean our house! 


No comments:

Post a Comment