Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Our last day in 2016, December 31st!

2016 is coming to an end. It was a good year in all. I went back over the year in photos to put together our yearly calendar for 2017. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get the photos from my phone uploaded and printed with out the use of my laptop. I'm sure in 2017 I'll have figured this all out. It's funny how much you forget about the year that passed by. What we did the last 12 months.
We went on trips to Grand Marais, Duluth, Brainerd, and Sauk Centre. They might have been all in state but it was nice to have a bunch of mini getaways.

My workout goals were a lot different this past year. As a result of my less running, I gained more weight. My eating habits were something I wanted to work on, but never did. I am still pretty happy with my totals for the year. Here's the scratch pad, I totaled up the miles.

Total Miles in 2016
Running = 514.9 miles
Biking = 757.4 miles
Cross country skiing miles = 183

I wanted to do more of biking and skiing then running this past year. I was kind of burnt out of all the miles I put in running.

My running goal for this morning, on the last day of the year, was to run more then my 3 easy miles. I pushed myself to want to run one more loop around our neighborhood for a total miles of 4.39 in 47.42 minutes. It felt good to run that extra distance. I miss the days I could easily run six miles every single day. My feet just hurt too much while running to continue doing that day after day. I do like the mix of biking and skiing when weather permits. I plan to do pretty much the same next year. What I do need to change is my addiction to sugar. I need to work on my weight and get back to eating less to lose some pounds. I have January - June to get some weight off and start toning up more with lifting more weights. My other goal is to do a 5 minute plank by the end of the year.

I didn't total up the days I did my daily exercises. I missed a few days a week here and there but I've been keeping that up just fine. Now, I need to add to that and work towards toning up more and building time to increase my plank times to reach the 5 minute goal .

 How am I spending my last day of 2016?

I did my daily yoga hour, daily planks/weights and painted the trim white around the doors and window.
We will finish painting our front room and entry in 2017. I'm hoping over the weekend. I'll be moving on to the trim in our kitchen and family room. There is only the trim around the doors and a little base trim.  We are keeping the same cranberry color in that area so we'll be re-painting to freshen it up after all the trim is done.

The house projects are slow going but now we are seeing progress. It really brightens up the house with the white trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment