Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

More moving and less couch time.

I'm not saying it was a total fail but a work in progress. I just assumed since I could hold a 4 minute plank on Christmas that I could continue doing that every day. It seemed to make a lot more sense to just do it all at once then take my sweet time and do two minutes then rest for a long time and do another two minutes. My morning exercises were taking longer and longer to just get them done. I kept telling myself, at least I'm still doing them most days of the week. With next years plank challenge in mind, I really want to try working my way up to doing a daily 4 minute plank both straight arms and bent arms, then doing 2 minutes each side, right and left planks, instead of a minute each with a rest in between. I just need to let my arms catch up with my plank goals. As I found this out this morning. I could only hold my bent arm plank for 3 minutes and I was back to 2 minutes for my straight arm planks. I still did the total minutes of planks but just not how I wanted. Yesterday, I was able to do it all quick with my goal times. I'll just have to keep trying every day and see what I can accomplish this next year.

I'm also being super lazy about my morning cardio. I'm making far too many excuses to not run in the cold mornings. If I can ski in the afternoon, I make up for it but days where I can't ski, I really need to run and not skip out. Other bloggers are doing a 30 day running streak. You have to run at least one mile a day. You can start anytime so you don't have to wait for a Monday, beginning of the month or the new year to get started.  I am thinking that this would be a good running challenge just to get out every day with Zoey for one mile. She need to run or walk and I haven't been taking her lately.

She has her stink eye look  mastered when I go out for a run with out her.
Last night we all got together for the 3rd night in a row to celebrate Tim's birthday. He ordered a cheesecake from New York just for his birthday cake. The cake light and fluffy, but still very rich tasting.

He opened gifts. We went in on getting him a "Alexia". Now I want one too for our house! He liked the gift so that was good.

Tim requested prime rib for dinner. I made my stuffed pasta shells too for dinner and made some popovers with honey butter.



We had some games to play after dinner, the Bamboozled jelly bean game, Games for humanity and the white elephant gifts I wrapped up  for the dice game. I think we all had fun with the games.
 
All that celebrating the holidays has come to an end. It's back to work for me today. I have a short three day work week so it's really not too bad. I'm just looking forward to Thursday when I'm done working at noon for the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment