Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Just do what you can..

I'm just doing what I can until this deep freeze passes. Looks like we will be getting hit with more snow. That's great for my cross country skiing. Now for the temperatures to warm up so I can ski. It's the coldest day yet with negative numbers. I'm not skiing when it's this COLD! I'm going a little stir crazy with not running or skiing the past four to five days now. I'm hoping Friday will be a bit warmer so I can ski before the snow storm hits. In the mean time, I am doing my daily exercises and doing what I can to say sane without doing my daily cardio. Good thing I have home projects to do.
Speaking of home projects, This is the new wall color for our porch, Dry Brown. It's hard to tell what it really looks like in this photo because the wall color is much lighter then this photo. It does make the trim pop! We just need to finish painting the walls. I got behind the piano and painted the last bit of base trim, just one coat, three more to go! I was tempted to keep painting more trim, but then that means starting on another project before Christmas. We need to just finish what we already started and have yet to finish, like the porch and our bedroom walls/trim. I'm thinking this weekend we will get it all done!
I'm happy to report, I finished taking my continuing Education credits for my Personal Training renewal certificate. I passed! In 4 to 6 weeks I'll get my updated certificate in the mail, that was after paying $129. Nothing comes cheap or without putting in time and effort! I don't ever want to let this expire. I worked too hard to get my certificate in Personal Training. I want to leave my options open and of course have this as a second business occupation.

 I made some brownies this morning with extra chocolate chips. It sure helped to cool them down fast just placing them out in the garage.

I should have taken a photo of my crockpot chicken I made for dinner last night. It was good but more like a hardy soup. I browned four skin-less chicken breasts in a pan on the stove and seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder and a little garlic salt. In the crock pot I added, mushrooms, chopped onion, cut up baby potatoes, added fresh cut herbs, Thyme and rosemary, more salt, pepper and two types of white wine with a cup of water to cover all with liquid. I cooked it all in 6 hours and made some super puffy popovers with honey butter. I made rice on the side, but that didn't get done in time to eat with the meal. I'll just have lunch leftover veggies with the rice and juice from last nights dinner. Everyone thought it tasted good, perfectly seasoned. I'll have to try more crockpot creations and maybe follow a recipe next time around. I made up this one by myself and what do you know... it turned out pretty good. Then again, I watch Steve cook all the time and take mental notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment