Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, December 9, 2016

Making the most out of cold weather running

I have hat hair and it's super cold, like in the teens. I'm trying to make the most out of my winter cold running. My mile times are faster! Every time I look down at my Garmin for my speed its just under a 10 minute mile. I like seeing nines!
I still have not convinced my brain to run more then three miles. Thirty minutes is about all I can take running right now. I know that the distance is not really the issue. Just wanting to run more is the issue I'm having.

I have thought about adding in more weight lifting. Celina asked if I was ever going back to the gym again. I still have a membership to Fitness 19. It only costs me about $12 a month so not a huge loss if I don't go. I figure I make up for the money spent by just me running outside and continuing with trying to keep fit. It's a small price to pay. I do want to go back but just not in the mornings. Celina goes in the afternoon and I think that might be a good time to go also, but drive separate since I don't want to stay longer then 30 minutes. I'll just do resistance training with the weights/machines. This might be a place to start wanting to workout and be more fit once again. More muscle = less fat, and more fat burning.

I'm starting my holiday baking. I made some chocolate crinkle cookies with extra chocolate chips. I have a list of candy and cookies I want to make and give away. My plan is to just make it all this weekend and give it out before Christmas.

I'm hoping while I'm baking, Steve finishes painting our four season porch. He needs to do the trim that's up too high for me to reach, plus the trim behind the TV and piano. We have the paint for the walls just waiting. I'm excited to transform one more room and have it 100% done.

We still have the laundry room cabinet/sink/faucet to install. Steve took out a oak cabinet from a customers house that will work perfect in our laundry room. We just need to do a little work to take out one drawer and make it a bit taller. I'm painting the oak cabinet white once the adjustments are done. We will tile the counter and put in a drop utility sink and find a faucet with a sprayer so the dog can be washed in the sink. I have a feeling this will have to wait till the new year. I have a few more room changes that will need to wait too for next year, January. We will be re-doing the front room where I do my daily exericses, our once dining room. plus, painting the entire entry, hall, stairs etc all one color. I'll have more trim to paint white and I hope to do our stairs in white too. It all takes time and what better to do all winter long then paint! It's a cheap fix and pretty quick to see the results. I was kind of burnt out on the house projects for a few years. Houses are money pits when it comes to fix it up projects. Just seems like they are forever on going. Maybe this is the year we will get it all done in 2017? It just feels like every room in our house is some what unfinished or a project was started and never 100% done. I suppose that's what happens when you live in the same house for 17 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment