Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, December 5, 2016

I'm falling...

I decided to step out on our deck this morning to let Zoey run around in the back yard. I had to go move the gate to let her down the stairs. I didn't make it too far. Even though its about 30+F, snow on the ground, I decided to just quick run out in bare feet to open up the gate. I put one foot out and down I went, landing hard on my side and left hand. I didn't notice the thin layer of ice from the melting snow that froze over night, creating a very slippery deck. I just crawled back in the house through the sliding back door so I wouldn't fall again. Probably not the best idea I had to go out in bare feet. I've fallen more then I can count in the last five years. I guess that's what is to be expected when you ski, bike, run and play soccer. I just didn't expect to fall just walking out the door. That's when most older people get hurt and break something when they fall. It's a longer recovery the older you get. At least exercising protects bones by making them extra strong. Thankfully, I have never gotten hurt yet from falling ,but I just don't want to make it a common thing.
It's another non running day. I really should run at least 30 minutes. I'm still thinking about it. Instead, I went to the chiropractor day after my fall. It was on my todo list anyway, so I might as well go. I had errand to run at Target after and then back home again to have lunch and paint. I think painting might have to wait till after my run with Zoey. She keeps running from door to door wanting to go run with me.

I started painting our four season porch that we use for our family room on Sunday afternoon. (before trim)
One coat of the white. I couldn't reach the top big arch.
This is the most amount of trim I've painted all at once. After I finish the painting all the trim white 3 coats, we are painting the walls dry brown, it's a semi darkish brown-gray color. I was kind of hoping to go super light gray in this room but I was out voted on the color change. At least we will have something other then green. I'm all for change and if I hate it, it's just paint. It can be easily changed.

While I was down stairs painting the trim in the porch, Steve was up in our bedroom painting the walls from green to a gray-blue. I wanted a lighter almost white gray-blue but once again got out voted 3 to 1. The kids sided with Steve on the darker color. I was just glad to get rid of the green in our room too. We had changed out the bedspread to white and gray comforter, and the curtains gray with some silver that are on the bed. We needed to paint over the wall color and then we are replacing all the trim. We actually never put on the trim since we took out the carpet and added hard wood floors in our room years ago. I don't even want to say how long we've been without trim in our room. It kind of looked like we had white trim from the unpainted area where the trim use to be. We are just making it extra wide on the bottom of the trim, 6".

Our room is finally coming together. I'd take a whole room photo but the furniture, curtains and mirror all need to be put back. It's a bit of a mess still and we have that built out area around our bathroom door to paint. I'm not sure what color we will add since we are out of the paint for the walls. Probably some accent color?
After I finish the window and floor trim and painting the walls in our porch, the next room is the front exercise, sitting room/old dining room. We have white trim every where but the window. Plus, it's time to change out the gold paint color and go with a new tan-gray that will go in this room, the entry and hall up stairs. I just went with what everyone else liked instead of wanting a light gray. What do I know about paint colors any way. Anything we do will be a nice change! Off to walk/run Zoey and paint!


No comments:

Post a Comment