Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, December 30, 2016

A wonderful Three Day Weekend!

Okay, yet another work schedule change that worked in my favor to have Friday off. I would love more money but its also nice to have a day to get stuff done around the house. Mainly, my painting projects.

 
Instead of finishing up what I already started, I instead began a new paint project. I was tired of looking at our French doors going into our office. So I did some taping around the glass edges and then put on the first coat of primer. It's super ugly right now but after 4 coats of paint, it should look nice. I'm leaving the middle grids natural wood. All our trim in the house will eventually be white. I need to get more trim painting done today! This is all I accomplished on Thursday after working. I ended up napping and watching tv the rest of the day. So much for getting much done!
 
I'm still struggling with my daily planks at two minutes times 2 sets for each bent arms and straight arms. Plus back to 1 minute side planks, 2x's two sets. I might not be making time progress, but I'm keeping up on my daily exercise so I suppose that's not a total fail. 99% of the time, I don't feel like doing my daily exercises because lets face it, its never going to be easy! Its work and work is hard to do most of the time. I do feel better after for just sticking with it and I suppose that's why I don't give up!

Celina joined me running outside this morning. I waited till she was ready to run. We did 1.5 miles around the neighborhood together and then I ran another loop by myself to finish up 3 miles or 32 minutes of cardio for the day. Good enough! Some day I'll get back to wanting to run six easy miles. Right now, I just want to run 30 minutes and be done.

We did get a little light dusting of snow on Thursday but not enough to make a difference in the ski conditions. I really miss cross country skiing and being in the woods. If I could do it year round, that would be great! Some one needs to invent a way to ski year round without snow. Similar to Buckhills fake turf for down hill skiing.

Your probably wondering what conclusion I came to while running yesterday about finding closure with my mom. Pretty much nothing at all. I think no action other then to blog about it for anyone to see is my way of dealing with it. She has 365 days of the year to reach out to me. She needs to apologize for the hurt she has caused and take responsibility for her actions. Simple as that but it won't change the last 10 years. It really hasn't been 10 years. It's been my whole life with my mom and sister. I'm much better off without them in my life and have been for 10 years. That's what running has taught me! I might think I need an apology, which I'm sure will never happen. So like Michelle Obama said, "when they go low, you go HIGH!" and I'm adding " and say Goodbye!"

No comments:

Post a Comment