Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, May 11, 2020

Things are picking up in a good way!

Yes, that's right!! Things are picking up with work. I got yet another customer coming back from taking a short virus break. I should pick up two more in June. I will only have lost a few customers now and I hope to get those back too as soon as people start feeling more comfortable with widening their circle of people. I feel so much better working at least 3 or 4 days a week for a few hours and earning more money to help out. Steve's work is going gang busters again too. All is good for now. We just need to all stay healthy which is more important than anything!
Steve maintaining social distance with his mother, on Mother's Day. Just dropping off a hanging basket. She gave us three containers of ice cream and some pork ribs! Nice!!
For Mother's Day dinner, I made up some pepper steak. It's my Dad's recipe from when he worked at a deli in New York. A customer would come in every week and order steak cut thin. He finally asked what they were making and got the recipe. He never added broccoli, but I think its a great addition! I don't make this enough. My kids were skeptical of this meal, but ended up wanting to drink the juice. So good! I even ate the leftovers for breakfast this morning! 

Celina is determined to perfect making sour dough bread with a starter. This one looks a lot better than the last one but not there yet! Very good bread with a nice sour dough taste! It's complicated to make!She is reading up and trying to figure out where she is going wrong! 


Celina also made a from scratch carrot cake and some caramel cream cheese frosting with pecans. Really good cake! 

Since it was a cold Mother's Day, Steve and I just took a drive to Wisconsin over to Prescott and sat in the car at the park looking at the St. Croix River. We just watched all the people in boats fishing. Far too cold for that for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment