Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Rain, Rain go away!

Friday we celebrated our 21st Wedding Anniversary! We spent the day working, picking up Chinese food for dinner, playing cribbage and having a back yard bonfire. We treated ourselves to new floating tubes with a cooler in between to use this summer. 
Hard to believe 21 years have passed. So much has changed since we got married. We now have two grandchildren, two more kids ( 20 and 17). My oldest daughter is 32. We moved two times into newly built homes. Our jobs changed multiple times and now have stayed the same since 9/11 in 2001. Retirement years are not far off and downsizing is getting closer every year. We had some set backs with 9/11, both getting laid off within 2 months of each other, starting our own businesses, 2008 market crash, losing jobs but bouncing back, 2018 Steve's eye injury and now 2020 the pandemic. Every time I thought we'd lose our house and income. We some how managed to scrape by and keep living but just not spending money on a lot of out of state travel. We just did more trips close to home, embraced camping. In all, it's been a good 21 years. I look forward to the next 20+ years together! Little did I know in 1996 when I met Steve working at Aveda, that we'd spend our lives together! Who knew I could find someone so perfect for me to be married to forever! 
First date, Stillwater MN

We have a rain kind of day on schedule for this Saturday! I had hoped to do so many yard projects! Good thing I mowed the back yard and trimmed Friday! One less project for the rain filled weekend! I hope to get some mulch done in between the rain today. Maybe make some crackers. Because I keep putting off doing that! 

Steve and I did go for an early morning 1 mile run around the soccer fields. One mile is clearly enough running right now for both of us. I do miss the days where 6 miles felt easy. I'm sure I could run more, but my feet would take a beating and I'd pay for it for months not being able to walk normal without pain of some kind. Better to ease into my running. 


No comments:

Post a Comment