Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Just a few miles f

I'm slowly easing back into running my daily six miles. Because I've been sick for over a month and still not 100% it's better to take it slow then to rush it and end up sick or injured.
I pretty much started right back where I left off for pace. 9:30 down hill, and 10 minute miles while running on a flat surface, 10:30 up hills. just an easy pace. I decided to run two laps around the neighborhood this morning and get in three miles. I could have run another loop but with still a awful cough it was good enough. We will have another 70+ degree day so I will get out and bike this afternoon.
We are starting on our last of the 4 rooms to tile and paint. The laundry room is by far the worst with the most junk to clean out. We had tons of crayons, paper etc behind the washer and dryer. I got that all cleaned up for Steve to start tiling. We have all the junk that was in that room piled up on our kitchen table. I can't wait for that room to be all fresh and clean with new tile, paint, shelves and sink/cabinet. I've waited for 16 years to make over this room. Bye bye last of the ugly floor and dirty sink!

 
I have no idea of what we've spent on this project. We did get $150 off in Menards Rebates saved up over the last few month. The tile was only $300, cement board $100, paint $25, cabinet paint $16 + clear coat $6, mastics/screws $50. (shelves/brackets ($75 aprox, new sink TBD?) The most expensive room to finish is the laundry room since we are putting in new gray shelves and getting a new sink with a cabinet and faucet. In all, it's pretty cheap to finish off four rooms around $500.00 total or $125 per room. Oops forgot about the trim.. We have some already from the basement trim that we never used so another $100 to $200 = $700 total or aprox $200 per room to re-do them. We could have re-used the existing trim but I didn't want to spend time painting and we wanted wider trim 4" instead of 2-1/2".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment