Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, October 7, 2016

Home Projects and three times a charm!

We are in the middle of a home project. I was done with home projects for a few years since it seems like it's just a money pit. With the colors in houses all changing from beige to shades of gray it was time for an update. We painted the mud room, gray and it was time to get rid of that old ugly vinyl floor I hated since day 1 of moving into our house 17 years ago.
Steve will be using this gray wood looking tile in the mud room, walk in closet (Zoey's room), laundry room and 1/2 bathroom. So far, he just has most of the hall done with the 1/2 bathroom next on the list. After we do the floor I want to change out the trim to wide on the bottom in all white. More of a money pit but not too bad since we saved all those 11% rebates from Menards. We had a little to pay out of pocket for the tile and cement board but it was under $200 so far. I'm hoping the tile will be finished by the end of the weekend. The laundry room will be the worst to do. We have a lot to move in that room! Maybe this will help us get more organized and keep it from being the pile up junk room.
The before picture of the ugly flooring that turned a yellow over the years.

I can't wait till I no longer have to look at this old floor! It's so gross!!!

Steve finished painting the front door gray, that I picked out. He also replaced the front door knob. We now have a lever inside which is a lot nicer then just your round knob. Steve doesn't care for the color but I like it. The door was dirty white and now it's all fresh and new looking. He said it looks like a steel service door. Oh well, it's just paint, it can be changed at anytime.
It was a chilly morning Thursday. Steve asked if I was going running? Sure, why not? I haven't been running in over a month or two.  We decided to go to the local park and run the lakes just one time around to get in two miles. Since we are both sick, colds/cough we took it easy at a 11 mile pace and figured two miles to ease back into running was good enough.
Running when it's in the upper 40's doesn't feel that chilly when the sun is out. I quickly got warmed up and was running in a tank top. I thought my legs wouldn't remember how to run but it felt okay.

Plus the views while running were beautiful. I love trail running in the fall.
I've now been sick for 5 weeks. Yes Five! I went back to the doctor Thursday afternoon because my chest now hurts when I breathe or move. All the coughing has made me sore! I was getting worried again that my cold was going to my lungs since they hurt so much. If you say your chest hurts and it hurts when you breathe, they take it serious and get you into see a doctor right away. Guess those are the magic words because I was wheeled away with out even filling out the forms. Yep that's right I got a wheel chair ride, which was over the top I thought but hey if I can get in and out of there faster why not! I had another x-ray. All good and no sign of my cold getting into my lungs, thankfully. I'm on more drugs, a nasal spray, antibiotics, pain killers, and an inhaler. A little of everything to make me feel better or hopefully kick this virus. Three times a charm going to the doctor for the same thing this past five weeks. I'm still super sore in my chest and that can take a while to heal since I probably strained my chest muscles when coughing. Lucky for me today I only have to work an hour at some point today. I need the rest to get well so I'm taking it easy once again. Guess, I shouldn't be out running and biking if I want to get well. I'm pushing it a bit too hard and not resting.
Since it's Friday, I should be resting the weekend but I have other plans. I'm finding paint for our master bedroom. Out with the green and in with a light silver gray to match the new bedspread and curtains for my room. I'm going to paint our trim white too so I have a fun project to do at a slow pace. I'm so ready for a wall color change. We've had this same green for 16 years!!! The bathroom will be the same color as our room to keep it all simple. I'll do a darker gray on the wall that sticks out around the door to the bathroom and closet area. Logan's bedroom is next. He's been wanting his room color changed for a year now and we have to paint over the red. That's a huge project but that's what he wants for his birthday. New paint, new ceiling fan and white or gray furniture! Oh and he thinks we are changing the wood floor, Not going to happen! I'll get him a rug, but that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment