Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A little less Motivation

I'm slowly losing motivation. It's from a number of things. 1. My chest hurts after the month long virus of coughing. It's a lingering pain that won't go away. 2. It's getting colder in the mornings. 3. I'm back to running and not biking as much, due to the colder morning temps.
I'd sure like to say with the trees all colorful that I'd be all set to get out and run. The colors are past prime and it's looking more and more like winter is almost here every day. It's kind of depressing even though I am looking forward to cross country skiing again. I took this photo of our front maple tree in full color yesterday morning.
 
Having a dog kind of messes with my morning schedule. I sure love having her around. There is the constant attention she needs in the morning that throws off what I can or can not get done. I'm more into reading the internet off my phone or playing with Zoey then doing much yoga.
 
Since my chest hurts just to breathe, I've been taking it easy. Easy meaning I've been doing less planks (not every day), and completely skipping lifting weights. I'm already in pain just moving about, I don't want to make it worse by adding any movements that could irritate my ribs and make my recovery last longer. I'm not sure how long it's going to take for my ribs to feel better. I just know this pain is not fun at all. Its sharp and comes and goes depending on if I'm moving around. It usually hurts most just getting up from laying down or sitting on the couch. Which should make me want to run, but I feel it when I run and breathe too. It's killing my motivation. I'm not giving up, just taking it easy. This too shall pass as I have to keep reminding myself.

I have been doing a bit more baking. Made more 7 layer bars and used peanut butter chips which gave it a different flavor. I think everyone agrees that butterscotch chips are way better! I've also been making a few loaves of banana bread. I should make some pumpkin bread too. This of course does not help me lose weight or keep it off!
I've slowly been trying to sell some items that we no longer need. Logan and Celina's old bikes. The laundry cart was sold on Sunday.
 
I have been slowly getting back into running after taking the summer off with miles of biking. I am sticking with a little over 3 miles a day. Just a quick 30 minutes with a quick rest after 1.5 miles. I know that I could run more then three miles but with my chest /ribs still super sore, I'm just doing something which is better then nothing.
 


 
What else is going on at home? Just working, trying to build up more customers. Dealing with all the fall leaves on the ground, home improvements are still underway. We have yet to finish the laundry room with shelves.
 
Have a nice Tuesday.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment