Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, March 9, 2020

Outside.. what a run!

I love getting outdoors and going for a run. It was 33*F this morning, but the cool air felt great as I warmed up, taking off all my layers, gloves and headband. It sure helps when Steve wants to run with me. He is taking a gym break. Because he doesn't have a spleen to fight off infections, he wants to remain germ free. Avoiding the gym for a few weeks is probably a good idea. Plus, I just want him to start liking running outdoors more than inside. 


We just ran a quick 1.3 miles around the park lake and drove home. It was 16 minutes of mostly running and a little bit walking. Running at the gym is far easier than to run outdoors, so its going to take a little while for Steve to get up to speed. He easily runs 3 miles in the gym at a 10 minute mile pace and varies the incline to get some resistance. 

I skied this winter at least 5 miles when ever the snow conditions were good, so I had no problem going back to running. It felt good and I wanted to run faster but also stay with Steve and I didn't want to push it too much and hurt my heal again. For the longest time, my heal hurt and at one point I had to stop running because I just had a hard time walking. Finally fixed that issue by wearing heal inserts in all my shoes! Plus, while my heal, healed I wore shoes all the time. That did the trick and now my feet feel great! So, I mile of running on hard surfaces will be good for a week. When the snow and mud dries up, it will be back to dirt trails where its easier on my feet. I'll be logging more miles every week during the spring/summer/ fall and going into the winter. 

Sunday, we had a 60 degree day. Steve and I took Zoey to the park where we ran this morning and walked the same trail around the lake with the dog. She is always so happy to go! 


I found my next tub. I don't really care for the vessel tubs, this one is a bit more my style. It was so fun looking at the Parade home. So many nice decorating ideas. I just wish I could go out and buy a new couch, end tables etc..  The only thing that I really don't like about our house is the main floor, oak floors. They are narrow, very golden and I hate it. I think we should just buy some wide plank vinyl type flooring that looks and feel like wood to put over the top. The next buyers can decide if they want real floors and it will be perfectly preserved under the flooring. Its on my need to do list!!! Since Steve can easily do the floor and the cost is fairly cheap, I don't see why we shouldn't do this! 





No comments:

Post a Comment