Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Oh No!!!

That was my morning yesterday. I had a great start, going to the lake and running with Steve. We both were running late to leave for work. We both left at the same time but he was a head of me. I got just to the end of our neighborhoods road and was ready to turn on to the main road, when my SUV made a loud grinding noise! It also wouldn't drive. I was stuck! I quickly called Steve and he turned around and came back. Lucky for us, the guy in our neighborhood owns a tow truck and we found out  he was a mechanic for 35 years. He listened to the car and told us it was an CV axel, and he thought it was coming from the passenger side. We left the car parked on the side of the road, because our insurance we get free towing. I wanted to know where we were towing it before moving it. I just used Celina's car since she was in Denver and went to work. After work, I called three auto shops and found a good one that my customer recommended. They had a 4.7 rating so that had to be a good sign. An estimate for $500. Not bad since I was really worried this was the end to my 2009 Highlander. I love that SVU. So, I'll pick it up later today. No need to get a new car and I get to not have a car payment, which I love! I'm holding out as long as possible for a new SUV. I want the same one! Maybe white instead of gold/tan. 

Since I have today off from work. I don't have a car to use. I'm going to tackle some of my todo list. Painting and laundry with some around the house cleaning. 

I think if I get my car back this morning, I might just get a pedicure. I still have a gift card and I would love to just get that done. Of course, nothing else would get done. hum.. maybe save it for April or May?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment