Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, March 14, 2020

A little De -Stressing in Weird times

A lot of yoga and some running goes a long way to a little de-stressing in weird times.
I do daily yoga for about an hour of just lazy stretching and breathing. I also started back up running which will be a lot more often now that its spring and well, not sure what's happening with my jobs. I already, lost 4 since Thursday. I'm hoping I can hang on to the rest through this.

This is right after my run. It was nice to just concentrate on my run, breathing and looking around at nature. Getting my heart rate up on those hills was a good workout. I only ran for 1.2 miles, a quick 13 minute run around our neighborhood on the path behind our house that runs along the lake/ponds. It's a pretty route, until you hit the main road, but at least that's a short stretch. I probably should have stopped to take a few photos, but I wanted to just keep going and not stop!

 Its good to take a break from the new, internet and just de-stress about all the news in the world right now. It's hard to not be stressed when there is so much uncertainty. I do know, we have faced many challenges in 2001, there was 911, lots of people including myself were laid off. I started my business in the worst of times. Steve was laid off two months later, we made it.

Then came 2008, the financial melt down, again lost jobs but we some how made it. Steve's eye injury that took most of our savings to get through the year he had surgeries and couldn't work much. And now this 2020, the #TrumpVirus. With only 5 years left to pay on our house, not sure how that will all pan out?

I made a list of all our bills, what we had to pay and things we could just pay less or not at all. Sounds like taxes April 15th, might be delayed up to three months which we will take advantage of. I also added up all our liquid money to see how long we could get by with Zero income. It's not long, unfortunately. There is hope we can get a low interest small business loan at 3.75%. That will get us through the year and if we don't need it, that's great too.



Steve still has jobs coming in and we right at this moment both are working. I plan to take full advantage of any support, should we need it. We do have IRA's, Steve is almost 55. We also have 401K's which didn't take much of a hit, but that could have all changed? I won't be looking until we get the next statement.

Right now, we are all healthy, washing our hands, sanitizing all surfaces, doors knobs, etc around the house a few times a day.

Yesterday, I soaked my feet and painted my nails. Felt good to do some self care.

Friday night we played cribbage, made dinner and watched a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment