Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, March 30, 2020

Cleaning up the bills

I did some cleaning up of our bills. Since we are going to have Zero income for the month of April, while on lock down/stay at home. I called a few of our bills. Truck loan can be deferred for 3 months. We still will have the same length of loan, the 3 month payment are just spread out to the end of the orig loan date. It will be a bigger payment after 3 months, but not much more since it's not paid off till 2023.

I also called to see about getting our amount we pay on medical every month. We get a tiny bit of savings there and will call back once we work again. Nice to know we can get a small family discount. Thank you Obama! Being self employed we fall under Obama care.

I have yet to lower our cell phone bill, but will do that today or tomorrow. Right now we have unlimited everything. No need for that since we are all home. I hope we can cut that by a good chuck. Of course me having to get a new cell phone last week, didn't help the bill. Ugh!!

We are good for food. If we need it, the kids do have the school meal pick up. I'm sure we won't need that for the month. Maybe if it extends beyond and we aren't working? Who knows?? I'm hoping it never comes to this! I do know there are other services we can take up, but not needing them now and I'm sure others need it more.

We have a small amount on credit cards. So I'll just pay the minimum which is like $15 for now. It was for my new laptop I needed when my other one crashed.

I already parked the kids cars, maybe park the truck or my car since we really only need one vehicle this month. I can activate it anytime we start driving. I'm still thinking on this one. I already cut the payment in half.

I lowered our internet, TV and phone bill, just doing the basic package, which come to find out, was all we were watching anyway. So that went from around $250 to $180. We need internet, but I'm not willing to give up TV when we are stuck at home.

Most Utilities are on hold. I'm not planning on paying the water, gas and I'll set up just $25 month electric month by month. I think our bill is some where around $100 and goes lower in the summer if we don't use AC. They agreed we can do this for April and go month by month depending on our situation. I'm sure the full amount will be due ASAP, when we are back to work. I'll pay more once we get our small business loan. Right now, we are conserving all our savings.

I have yet to call our mortgage co. We only have 5 years left to pay. I'm sure we can keep paying the mortgage until the loan money arrives. Still have no idea of what we can get for a loan. No email or info on the website to when we will hear back.

We have other options for getting more money should we run out of savings and this goes on for a year. We have home equity, credit cards, retirement savings and MN Small business loan. My last option is to take retirement savings and any credit card debt. Emergencies only!


My Coronavirus diet is forcing me to lose weight. I lost 7 pounds just this past week. Stepped on the scale this morning and was surprised to see how much weight I dropped. I also lost at least a half inch on my waist, and hips. I don't eat when I'm stressed. Glad I'm not a stress eater! OR we'd be in trouble come swim suit time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment