Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Winter Carnival and now Day 6

I made it on my fasting diet to day 6. It was a huge challenge Friday night. I splurged because you also have to give and take on this diet. It's not a punishment and I can have fun to and enjoy a night out of drinks and dinner. 
I managed to ski every day but Thursday. It was a busy work day and I was exhausted. Reason enough to skip the 5 miles of skiing! I ski 5 miles any day the snow and weather allows. 

 The snowman Evan made was still standing at the park. I see it every time I ski by. There was a big school group on Friday taking photos with his snowman.
 The ski park always has a bonfire going. I never stop but I did stop long enough to get a photo. I love the smell of a bonfire. They've been doing a lot of clean up in the woods, so the park has been doing bonfires all over while I ski by.
 This was our back room table last weekend with the neighbors. We reserved a spot and it was already for us when we arrived.
Friday night we hit up the St. Paul winter carnival. I saw a post from FB on all the ice sculptures down town St. Paul and have never been. So I convince Steve to go check them out. We got there early around 3:30pm. So the carnival was just opening up. Perfect timing because hardly anyone was walking around. Make it easy to take photos of the sculptures. We even got to see the royal court walk by to take photos. 

 Before we went to the carnival, we did a quick trip to Como Zoo. Every Friday they open the side entrance doors to the tropical gardens. We got a parking spot close by and had a short walk. Normally its a hike just to get into the zoo from the parking lots and side streets.
 Felt good to soak up green and smell some flowers. All set up for February.

MN ice sculpture across from the St. Paul hotel which we had never been inside. We decided to check out the hotel. It was pretty inside and had a nice restaurant that didn't open till 5pm. We walked across the street and checked out Pizza Luna for the happy hour pizza, drinks and meatballs. Delicious! Expensive even for happy hour but that's the time to go to check out these places and go early at 4pm to get a spot to sit.
 More ice sculptures.

I ended up having a glass of white wine, thin crust pizza and a meatball for happy hour. I asked for a glass of water so I'd only have one drink. Wine is lower in calories then IPA so I stuck with that and drank slow. After, we went to the Amsterdam Bar. No idea they had bands but they don't start till 9pm. A little late for me! We had a drink, IPA. I choose a small one and shared half with Steve. We got out of St. Paul and drove to Hastings. Our parking meter time was up so that's why we left. Plus, its just a lot cheaper in Hastings than the city. Shared wings, I ate only the meat, not the skin and had a baked potato, with just salt and paper.

Saturday is more skiing, resting and I should start painting our doors white, but I don't feel like getting all the paint stuff out. I have all of February to get them done!

No comments:

Post a Comment