Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Is Fasting, a fast way to lose weight?

Day 9, Fasting on week #2, that's where I am at. No fasting is not a fast way to lose weight. It took a few months to gain weight, it's going to take a few to lose it.

The weekends I splurge and have a few drinks and eat more than I do during the week. This slows my progress. I stepped on the scale yesterday and didn't lose a single pound. Good thing I also determine my weight loss by taking my body measurements. You don't always lose by just weight. I am down 1" on my waist and a half inch on my thighs. It's a little discouraging that on day 8, I didn't drop any weight. You never know about the scale, next Monday I could be down a few pounds. I'm holding out for hope and knowing that I'm exercising, eating less and making better food choices. Maybe it was too much salt and this is why I didn't lose weight but noticed it on my waist? Any progress is good progress in the right direction.

I have to confess! I've been eating snacks around 1pm/2pm and not just waiting till dinner. I had some  beef jerky and popcorn. Both are very salty so this is the reason for the water weight and not seeing any change on the scale! 

Skiing is out this week due to poor ski conditions. Monday, I laid on the couch keeping a sick husband, Steve company. I did my planks and also worked which was my exercise for the day. I need to figure out something else I can do until we get more snow. Not sure my feet will be up for running but I'll probably give that a try again and just cut back on the miles. I did see a bike rider but I'm not sure I want to hit any ice spots on the road. 


No comments:

Post a Comment